myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

MP4 player, Black nano clone 2GB
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd Nov 2006, 3:01 pm

Default MP4 player, Black nano clone 2GB

I have manged to install a firmware image to my player enabling me see the 2GB USB device and format it, however my screen remains blank.
Do I also need to install another file or is it still the wrong firmware file I'm using.

Samsung 628
K9WAG08U1A
PCB0

ATJ2085J
Old 25th Nov 2006, 6:59 am
Valued Member

Default Re: MP4 player, Black nano clone 2GB

Wragler , did you flash in a full firmware or dump firmware?
In recovery stage, you will need 2 firmwares, a full firmware, followed by a firmware dump. So in total you will need 2 firmwares.

Try and see if the MP3 Utilites Upgrade Tool is able to detect your player, if so, then you will need to try various firmware dumps in the downloads section until you get the right one.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Old 25th Nov 2006, 9:33 am

Thank's for the reply,

I short the pins as described in the dead player section and get the
USB2.0(FS)ADFU Device, I use MP3 Player Product Tools 4.19 and have tried installing a few different firmwares, some give a blue screen, some give black.
I can then see the 2GB USB drive and format it, but is it possible to know when I have the right firmware before trying to upload a dump.bin to the player.

I unfortunately have no backup of my player and have been on for absolutely hours now just guessing at what the right files may be.
Old 25th Nov 2006, 4:31 pm
Valued Member

Wragler , unfortunenately there is no way of telling which firmware dump is suitable for which player. It is all a matter of luck. You just need to keep trying various firmware dumps.

Once you have tried all the available dumps and none works, i'll suggest that you try another Full firmware. Which means you'll need to short the player again, and get it to accept another full firmware. As sometimes, you will also need to try various combinations of Full and Dump firmwares to get the player working.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29

Sponsored Links