myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

Black Screen but fully functional player
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th Apr 2007, 5:47 am

Default Black Screen but fully functional player

i followed the unusual "freezing method" to improve sound quality to my two MP4 players, both 3.5.37 wilson players 1GB.

after the freeze, one player was perfectly normal, whereas the other player does this sequence at starup:
1. at ON, it will display the BLUE SCREEN with the HOURGLASS (which tells me that the screen is OK)
2. After the BLUE SCREEN it is replaced by a ORANGE LINE, (this MP4 i think had an Orange background when it was "processing")
3. Then it is replaced by a BLack Gray Screen but i know the screen is ON since there is a light somewhere behind the screen.
4. ALL FUNCTIONS ARE OK, it is recognized by computer as flash drive, my files are intact.
5. if i press the buttons correctly, it will still play my music, it works normally, only the screen is BLACK or DARK GREY.

can someone tell me how to FIX this?
can someone explain how the MP4 boots up?
my understanding is this, it reads from a chip (BOOT CHIP) all the code needed for booting, {but is this the chip that controls the display? - coz why do i get a perfectly clear blue with hourglass screen), then does the MP4 transfer control of the display to another chip after it boots up?

i already tried cleaning the inside with electra contact cleaner and checked if all welds are intact, no luck still.

someone help.
Old 30th Apr 2007, 9:15 am
Valued Member

paulpacs , do you mean that the player no longer display the menus or videos properly? But now replaced with the black/gray screen totally?

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Old 30th Apr 2007, 1:21 pm

Hi all friends,
I have this problem too.
I have one mp4 and it's funcionaly. But screen it isn't ok ohhh I hate this ... I have blue screen but I can listen to music. Maybe some body know what is problem
This is chinees ipod ops: ... Do you know what is shit ... :P My problem is standart for us. Maybe somebody can repair it.
Can you help me and paulpacs
Old 2nd May 2007, 8:33 am

Default Re: Black Screen but fully functional player

yes lattesurf, no menus or anything just a grey to black screen. but it still works if i can press the correct button combination to play, example, menu then play.

BUT WONDERS of wonders, since i just posted this two days ago, my MP4 has been like this for about 12 days now, and just yesterday, THE DISPLAY WAS RESTORED!!!! i did not do anything to it, it just restored by itself. Everyhting is OK now, menu, choices, everything.

Somebody up there stll loves me. hehehe.
Old 2nd May 2007, 9:20 am
Valued Member

paulpacs, sounds like you may have a dodgy LCD connection hope it continues to function ok.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 2nd May 2007, 5:32 pm

Default Re: Black Screen but fully functional player

thanks tatad, i hope this will continue to work, i take it jogging with me, and no problems so far.

and thanks to my screen blacking out, i successfully learned how to KILL and RESTORED my player after i deliberately killed it by flashing another FIRMWARE because i was frustrated and then i successfully RESTORED it using the guide at HOW TO section, short-circuiting, ADFU, etc.

FOR INFO, flashing your PLAYER with an incorrect FIRMWARE and RESTORING it, will NOT harm any of your files that has been stored inside the player, obviously they are on different chips. ALSO if you use LINUX and use you MP4 as a FLASH DRIVE, it can happen that if you have AN ENCRYPTED portion of your flashdrive (meaning "secret"), it could be destriyed by LINUX mounting the drive.

Sponsored Links