myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

Rockchip DEAD Player Recovery Guide
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th Sep 2008, 1:46 am

Default Re: Rockchip DEAD Player Recovery Guide

HI! Recently I bought an mp4 player from a reseller from Greece, named Plaisio, Turbo-X tp2 player. I've found that is exactly like
Teclast C260

A simple image is here:
Click the image to open in full size.

My problem is that I've tried to upgrade the firmware and I upgraded with a different version and now my player is DEAD. Only a white(light gray) screen is seen. For 3 times I reinstalled the firmware but I didn't found the good one. Help me please finding the good firmare and a way to upgrade, because after those tries I cannot anymore get the player in the Upgrade mode. I read almost posts here but I didn't find some useful information to solve my problem.
I want to reinstall my old firmware or a new version, doesn't matter, I want to see my player working.
Thanks a lot!
Old 13th Sep 2008, 11:35 pm
Valued Member

You need to be in RockUSB mode first.
Double click on the remove hardware icon in your system tray.

If you are in RockUSB mode you will see the icon in the window like this:-

You MUST be in RockUSB mode to change your firmware.

To get into RockUSb mode
1) switch the player off.
2) hold down the menu key.
3)connect the USB cable
4) wait a few seconds
5) release the menu key
6) look for the RockUSB icon.

7) If you see the RockUSB icon, load the CORRECT firmware for your player using Consumerupdate program.

It this fails then as a last resort I suggest you do the Hard Reset already described to get into RockUSB mode and load the CORRECT firmware for your player using Consumerupdate program.

You will need to open your player to do the HARD reset, but only try this if you are confident with opening your player or you might break something!

You may find it easier on your player to try shorting the following 2 pins:-

These are the actual pins (posted on a Chinese website) which have also been found to need shorting to get into RockUSB mode, use tweezers or a small jeweller's screwdriver..

This would force the player into RockUSB mode upgrade mode, but you MUST look for the RockUSB icon
Old 14th Sep 2008, 3:39 am

Finally I brought my player in rockusb mode and I upgraded my firmware but it's still not working. I've tried 3 versions of firmware for Teclast C260 and blank screen is still present (I think this is only the backlight without any useful information ==> not working). Even more, now the flash is not seen as a storage device (like a partition).
Is the any chance to save my player or it's not?
I still can upgrade software with HW reset but I don't know if it's ok to do that so many times... after some experiments it may be unrecognizable by the computer, meaning flash is burnt.
Any idea?
Maybe where I could get the good firmware for it?
Old 14th Sep 2008, 5:27 am
Valued Member

Now you know how to get the player into RockUsb mode you still have a good chance to get your player back.

Have you tried this firmware from the omega v88?

This is a Teclast c260 copy like your player.

http://www.mympxplayer.org/firmware-...lst-df739.html

Don't worry about killing the memory, you can't use it anyway, right?.
You just need to try only firmwares from players that look like yours and that have touch controls.

If you have to open the player get the pcb number and the number from the display there may be a firmware you can use on http://www.s1fw.com/ your player uses only firmwares for rockchip RK2608A with touch controls.
Old 14th Sep 2008, 5:40 am
Valued Member

BTW, if your plaeyer has screws on the sides than it is not a teclast player at all and will not work with teclast firmwares, try what knob has suggested with the v88 firmware as this also has screws on the side and is a copy of the teclast design
Old 14th Sep 2008, 6:15 am
Valued Member

It's a bit of a long shot but if the v88 doesn't work then it might be worth trying this:-

http://www.mympxplayer.org/rockchip-...eme-df826.html

It's a Rockchip 2608 player with touch controls like your player. but i'm not sure if the button arrangement would work for you..

Old 14th Sep 2008, 1:32 pm

Thanks guys. My player is deadliest than a dead player could be. I've tried all solutions found here, all firmwares that were took from same models of players like mine, but that didn't helped me. It's over My mistake that I didn't backed up my firmware, but it couldn't be like that if the consumer update software had the option to backup the firmware.
Thank you for your time. I've learned the lesson
Sponsored Links
Old 14th Sep 2008, 1:36 pm

For others: don't do it
Details of my player:

Chipset: RockChip 2608a
RAM: hynix 747A
HY57V64162OFTP

Board ID: YW R 2007/12/20 MP4-962FR-v1.0

I didn't found the board id on www.s1fw.com
Now, even a HW reset couldn't bring my player in Rockusb mode
Old 14th Sep 2008, 2:05 pm
Valued Member

sometimes umping onto another computer may allow you to start up the player again with the hardware reset, i know i had this once where my player would not do it anymore on my laptop, switched to my pc and i was able to connect again .. after that the player died ... erm, not much help that was it!!!!
Old 12th Oct 2008, 4:56 pm

Hi everyone.

I have a 2.8'' Touch Screen MP4 player. Yesterday I tried a firmware update, but i choose the wrong firmware here and my player turns to white when in turned on.

Today I saw this guide, and I tried everything. First of all, i tried the soft recovery but any of the 3 buttons worked. So i tried the hard recovery method. My PC recognized the rockchip usb device, and I make a new update using my old firmware, taken from the original CD. But after that, when I turned on, my MP4 started to display all white screen, after all back, all white, all black.... then I started again with the hard recovery and after another update, my MP4 can't work anymore. Even my PC don't recognize now, and player's screen didn't turned on anymore.

Anyone know whats happen with my player? I damaged the Flash memory? There are something I can do?

I hope anyone can help me. And excuse my english.

Sponsored Links