myMPX
Advertisement

Hooray!!! Rockchip SDK!
Like Tree1Likes
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th Oct 2010, 8:49 am
I love my MPx player

Well, I am here, but dont know how to create stuff for my rk27 player with this.

BTW. Does anyone know if battery for RK27 are replaceable?
Old 26th Oct 2010, 6:17 am

What don't know? How to create what?
Battery is easily replaceable =)
Old 26th Oct 2010, 8:28 am
I love my MPx player

I assumed you called for ppl to get interested in ELF thing you've been working on. Or I misunderstood everything.

Regarding battery, each rk27 has the same battery type( size etc)? Voltage should be the same, but dont know where to look for replacement. My current battery works for an hour tops - and this is with turned the screen off. If the screen is turned on, then my battery holds for about 10 minutes after a night of charging :/ Damn chinese tiny-deal company.

BTW STAY AWAY FROM TINY DEAL SHOP, IT'S SCAM, UNLESS YOU'RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET WHAT YOU ORDERED.
Old 27th Oct 2010, 6:41 am

I have purchased from Tiny Deal 8 - 10 times and gotten what I ordered every time, Never gotten hacked memory or any virus software. The only problem I ever had was one of the MP4 players I bought used the Nokia phone battery and it died after a month (the battery, not the player), Tiny Deal wouldn't replace it, but they are so cheap on Ebay that it wasn't really a big deal to me.

I am curious, what problems have you had with them?
Old 27th Oct 2010, 6:49 am

BTW, I am not endorsing tiny deal, just stating my experience with them. And it has been close to a year since I have purchased from them, was thinking about buying a player from them for one of my kids and wondering if they (td) have gone downhill
Old 27th Oct 2010, 11:00 am

On my rk2705 (ritmix 8900) accumulator connected via simple 2-pin connector, so I can connect everything - maybe, simply 2x AA or AAA batteries =). Player does not check type of power source. But if you replace accumulator, you will need to patch your firmware - player determines state of battery (100%/50%/0%/empty) by comparing battery output voltage with hard-coded values. I spend a few hours trying to find why SDK's firmware thing that my battery is empty - I can't guess that firmware uses so stupid algorithm...
This was "Scream of soul" (I don't know if this words is exist in English, but in Russian it exists), I want to see Elf on player, but have no time for this =( I will buy netbook at this weekend and hope I will spend some time for elfloader... Maybe. Maybe not =(
Old 10th Dec 2010, 1:16 pm

Question rockchip app

Hello
(Sorry for poor English!)
I'm new here and at rockchip programming.
I want to learn it but there are many information. So I don't know what to do.
I want to create an application that shows a JPG picture and start playing a MP3 music on it and when user tapped on right of screen it read next file for example read 1.mp3 then 2.mp3
Is there any sample or topic that i can follow it? Or is there anybody help me?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12th Dec 2010, 3:26 am
I love my MPx player

Unfortunately rockchip development is not that simple.

First of all, what kind of Rockchip player do you have? RK260x (the one that you have to convert movies in order to play them on the player), or RK270x (the one that reads RMVB and AVI without convertion)?

If it is RK260x then you can create RKP app but forget about mp3 playing (PCM WAVE only).

If it is RK270x then you must compile your own firmware for that, which may not work for your player.
Old 12th Dec 2010, 8:01 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasher86 View Post
Unfortunately rockchip development is not that simple.

First of all, what kind of Rockchip player do you have? RK260x (the one that you have to convert movies in order to play them on the player), or RK270x (the one that reads RMVB and AVI without convertion)?

If it is RK260x then you can create RKP app but forget about mp3 playing (PCM WAVE only).

If it is RK270x then you must compile your own firmware for that, which may not work for your player.
Thank for your answer

How about showing JPG images?
What do you suggest for starting?(To make that appication at last)
Is there any simple samples?
Old 12th Dec 2010, 11:38 am
I love my MPx player

First of all, how good are you at programming? You will have to create your own JPEG decoder because SDK doesnt provide anything, so you have to start from scratch.

Another issue will be reading files - currently you can read external files only from SDCard (look through previous pages where I uploaded my beta file support), if you have experience in programming you will make it useful.

If not... then I suggest you to drop the project before you waste time on something beyond your capabilities (though if you are quick learner you may give it a shot).

I can upload necessary files to start from (though they are already in this topic), but I won't write anything for you. I still regret I dropped my rockchip projects due to lack of time.

It was even more fun to create stuff for rockchip than for any other platform I had experience with.

EDIT:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0efizw...chip%20SDK.rar

Last edited by flasher86; 12th Dec 2010 at 11:51 am.

Sponsored Links