myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > General Discussion

SinoWealth MP3 Flashing Successful :D
Post New Thread

Old 4th Sep 2014, 3:10 pm

Smile SinoWealth MP3 Flashing Successful :D

Hi there! I'm here to share my experience flashing a SinoWealth MP3.
Click the image to open in full size.
My new brand and shinny MP3 player.

My new MP3 player was dead even after to used by first time ='( , symptoms? the usual, perpetual "Welcome" screen, firmware corrupted I supposed; having a little experience with mpx players I decided to look for a solution, so I take the CD included with the player to find the firmware and flashing tool.
Looking good, but it's broken.

I try to flash it with the tool from the CD, bad idea, before to use it the MP3 player was recognized by Windows as a USB Flash device, after opening the tool with the player plugged-in Windows only gives me the message "Please insert a disk into drive X:" and the tool did nothing at all, not even recognize the mp3 player before to totally break it, so I was pissed off about it D:< .
At the start at least I could use it as a 1GB USB Memory, at this point it was bricked thanks to the failure mp3 flashing tool packed on the CD.

Now, remembering my past experience I disassemble the player looking for the chipset info in order to look for another solution online. This model is very similar to the common S1MP3 players, but the chipset is from a company named "Sino Wealth" and it needs a different tool to flash it.

I only had to unscrew it and take a look to the chip serial numbers as always.

There's always a tricky part at looking for serial numbers, the backlight was glued to the flash memory, after a little fight I was able to unglued it without consequences.

The tool into the CD is named "Product Tool V4.20" and it's useless, it didn't recognize the player and break it like I told before, the next step was to search for another version, thanks God in no time I step into this blog with two version of the tool, v4.47 and v0.99, the last one was the good one (:
Thanks to this blog I was able to find the correct flash tool:
DeVolf LiveJornal - Fake iFake Shuffle Mp3 2nd Memory Hack Sinowealth Sh86260/Sh86270
devolf.livejournal.com/1014.html
(Thanks to DeVolf for upload the tool).

Screen capture from SinoWealth Product Tool v4.47 by DeVolf, this is very similar to the v4.20 from the CD of my MP3 Player.

It's very annoying how the tools included with the player are not the correct ones, at least the firmware in the CD was the right one, after trying two of them :P .

Using the Product Tool v0.99 from DeVolf's Blog and the Firmware from the CD was the solution, and the tool is dummy proof as you can see, only had two important buttons: "Select Firmware" and "Update" :P.

I must say this v0.99 tool is "fool proof" and with a couple of clicks my mp3 was alive again and working like a charm =D d*w*b
MP3 Firmware Tools v0.99 download: Mp3_Firmware_Tools_V0.99.rar

My player has come to life!.

*Information about my MP3*
Brand: Fussion Acustic
Filetype supported: MP3, WMA, ASF, WAV
Capacity: 1GB
*UPDATE*
This model HAS FM Radio (this is important because the firmware included on the CD has "FM" and "noFM" versions) but the box has no info about the FM Radio feature.
Thanks to this blog's owner for the info about the FM Radio chip:
Stripped MP4 player - Doucheputje

*Technical specifications*
-Chipset-
Brand: Sino Wealth Electronic
Serial number: SINO WEALTH SH86270P064 0817-E HA003 FA83-5226
Firmware: SH86270_XZH_NT7565_28P4.02.xxx (with FM Radio chip)
Firmware download:
(115miniZhaoHuawithFM) SH86270_XZH_NT7565_28P4.02.xxx.zip
It has another chip on it, is for the FM Radio: SPT SP3767AHN 08ES02

Detail of the chipset present on this SinoWealth MP3 Player. At the left side is the Sino Wealth SH86270 chip, to the right side is the FM Radio chip

-Flash Storage-
Brand: HYNIX
Serial number: HY27UT088G2A (1GB)

Detail of the Hynix flash memory on the SinoWealth mp3 player, it's hard to see the serial number because of the glue from the backlight.

The firmware files from the CD are labeled "ZhaoHua", and appears to be the name of this model of mp3s as we can see here:
ZhaoHua Mp3 Player (Red) [100390]- US$14.99 - i.emart's Shop

I'll upload all the firmwares on the CD of my MP3 to this forum into the next days, sharing is caring after all, and that's how we help each other.
I hope this information will be useful to anyone else with a Sino Wealth MP3 (;

Sino Wealth homepage (in english):
Welcome to SinoWealth£”
Fussion mp3 homepage (in spanish):
MP3 Players - Portables - Fussion Acustic

Excuse me if I posted this into the wrong forum section, it's not a question so I don't know where it goes ;P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hynix flash memory.jpg (45.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg sinowealth SH86270 chipset.jpg (62.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by JuanColi; 4th Sep 2014 at 4:24 pm. Reason: adding extra details

Tags
firmware, fussion, mp3, sinowealth, tool

Sponsored Links