myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Support and How To

Mp4 player not 16gb from China
Post New Thread

Old 21st Mar 2009, 11:57 am

Default Mp4 player not 16gb from China

I picked up a MP4 off ebay that was sold as a 16gb model. When I load it up with the files it crashes around 8GB. When I plug it into my vista computer it says that it needs to be formatted and the windows disk management shows it to be around 8 gig. I can only put files on it using it on my XP laptop. The unit restarts using the small reset hole when it locks up. So how do I correct the format size. I looked at the MP3 player utilities version 4 and I don't think it reconizes the mp3 player. Can I use windows vista to do the format and what type of format will it do? I understand vista doesn't do fat32 formating.
Old 21st Mar 2009, 2:12 pm
Administrator
Admin

Hi madhampster,

Unfortunately it seems you have a hacked player and that explains the crashing after 8GB.

Try formatting in XP firstly as NTFS. It should work fine in NTFS. Only the older players need to be in FAT32. Try that and see if that works and helps solve the problem with the crashing. It should hopefully also remove the 16GB and show the true 8GB size.

By the way, WHO did you buy it from? Do you have an auction link? It would be good to put that person as a BAD SELLER to let others know as well.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

Old 21st Mar 2009, 8:30 pm
Valued Member

Default Re: Mp4 player not 16gb from China

Look at HOW TO REMOVE MEMORY HACK thread if you have Actions player.
Old 22nd Mar 2009, 8:19 am

The sellers name is i.c.distribution

They have sold a lot of items on ebay. The new problem with unit now is that only a couple of the icons are responding now. I was wondering if the firmware is corrupted.
Old 21st May 2009, 9:21 pm

Default Re: Mp4 player not 16gb from China

i bought one from the same seller. how did it turn out for you? i took mine apart and it has 64g (io.e. 64giga bits) so it really is goofy hacked deal. it is totally not responsive now.
Old 21st May 2009, 10:16 pm
Administrator
Admin

Hi madhampster,

Try FORMATTING your player and see if that helps. Sometimes the hacked memory in a player can cause you all 'weird' problems. Formatting it should wipe out the hack and it may fix your problems.

Let me know if that helps.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

Sponsored Links