Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Knowledge Base and FAQ

How to: Perform a scan disk and repair bad sectors
Post New Thread

Old 23rd Apr 2007, 3:33 am
Administrator
Admin

Default How to: Perform a scan disk and repair bad sectors

[html:6fb144b7e5]
<div class="postoverflow">Here are the instructions on how to perform a check disk and repair any bad sectors with your MP3/MP4 players.

1. <span style="font-weight:bold">Connect your player</span> to your computer with the USB cable.

<div style='float: right; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 5px; border: 1px dotted #d5d6d7; clear: both; padding: 5px;'>
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='http://www.mympxplayer.org/phpAdsNew/adx.js'></script>
<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>
<!--
if (!document.phpAds_used) document.phpAds_used = ',';
phpAds_random = new String (Math.random()); phpAds_random = phpAds_random.substring(2,11);

document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='");
document.write ("http://www.mympxplayer.org/phpAdsNew/adjs.php?n=" + phpAds_random);
document.write ("&amp;what=zone:13");
document.write ("&amp;exclude=" + document.phpAds_used);
if (document.referrer)
document.write ("&amp;referer=" + escape(document.referrer));
document.write ("'><" + "/script>");
//-->
</script><noscript>Click the image to open in full size.</noscript>
</div>

2. Open &quot;<span style="font-weight:bold">My Computer</span>&quot; and right on the drive letter allocated to you by Windows for your player (in this example, it's the I: drive).

Click the image to open in full size.

3. Right mouse click on your player's drive and choose &quot;<span style="font-weight:bold">Properties</span>&quot; from the menu.

4. Click on the [<span style="font-weight:bold">Tools</span>] tab at the top then click on the [<span style="font-weight:bold">Check Now</span>] button.

Click the image to open in full size.

5. Select the &quot;<span style="font-weight:bold">Automatically fix file system errors</span>&quot; and &quot;<span style="font-weight:bold">Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors</span>&quot; tick boxes and then click on the [Start] button to start the scan and repair process.

Click the image to open in full size.</div>
[/html:6fb144b7e5]

Sponsored Links