myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

Been ripped off by a fake 4GB ebay seller?
Post New Thread

Old 14th Mar 2007, 11:54 am

Default Been ripped off by a fake 4GB ebay seller?

I was ripped off by ebay seller directimport4u (blacklisted) who also owns online store smartarea.com. As usual Ebay and Paypal wrote to me telling me how seriously they take my complaints and then the next minute seem to develop some kind of mental memory block and do nothing about it.

The problem is that at first glance this seller and others like him appear to have good feedback say 98-99% In the green. However I think its fair to say that 98-99% of the people who buy these fake mp4 4GB players either just give them away as presents to friends & family, have no real knowledge of these scams or just leave feedback as soon as they get the player out of the box and never check or even know how to check the real memory. So these feedbacks are misleading.

I was not prepared to just send the item back (at my expense) for a partial refund that would not even include the shipping. So in revenge and I would recommend everyone to do the same if they have been ripped off by a seller.. Is to go on ebay look up the sellers feedback, find people who also bought the same 4GB players from him, then contact all his customers through ebays contact member link. Tell them about the little scam and how to check their players real memory size. After I did this for just 3 days there are now 8 more people so far that have written back to thank me and to tell me they will also be contacting paypal for a refund. You can only send 5 messages a day but it all adds up. Most people work hard for their money and should not be ripped off and I think they have the right to know what they have really been sold.
Old 14th Mar 2007, 4:39 pm
I love my MPx player

Default Re: Been ripped off by a fake 4GB ebay seller?

The list of dishonest sellers is growing and growing. What a great idea to contact others.

I doubt if most people buying off eBay have any clue they are buying a hack.

What is the real memory size of the player you got?
Old 15th Mar 2007, 9:55 am
MPx Junkie

I'm all for the idea, but I'm not sure if there's a hard "5 limit" rule, its the first I hear of that. When I was diong that, it seems eBay cut me off before I got through 5 messages. Some days I'd be able to fire off more emails than other times.
Old 18th Mar 2007, 8:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_rb";p=&quot View Post
The list of dishonest sellers is growing and growing. What a great idea to contact others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley_rb";p=&quot View Post

It was less than 1GB. 2GB would have been bad enough as it was supposed to be 4GB. So I got 25% of what I paid for. Nice! I have contacted my credit card company to do a charge back as Paypal were no help as usual.
Old 18th Mar 2007, 10:00 pm
I love my MPx player

Now that there are real 4GB chipod players its going to be even harder to know who sells a hack and who doesn't.

Keep us updated on how it goes with your credit card company. I hope you get your money back.
Old 20th Mar 2007, 6:53 pm
MPx Junkie

How much did you pay for the player?

My 2Pac main menu
Click the image to open in full size.

Sponsored Links