myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

eBay seller: safe2star - sells hacked players
Post New Thread

Old 18th Apr 2010, 1:10 am

Angry

Just got scammed by the same person last week. Bought 3 players. Need help on "fixing" it. ANY would help alot. I also filed a complaint with ebay, looks like we got the same message...probably automatic, figures. I also filed a dispute with paypal so we'll see if I get any money back.
Old 18th Apr 2010, 5:10 am
I love my MPx player

Exclamation

He is liable to pressure you to not leave Neg Feedback

See here for some tips

go2besthk- Radarman’s Full Refund from Hong Kong Ebay Fake Flash Seller SOSFakeFlash

As to fixing the players it is recommended you do the memory tests first and keep the reports because you will need them later

See the How To guides on this forum

Its basically re-partitioning the drive with a partition of the same size as the Actual memory but you will not know that until you do the tests with the software H2testw v1.4

http://download.heise.de/software/4d...2testw_1.4.zip

ian

Last edited by ians1; 18th Apr 2010 at 5:17 am.
Old 19th Jun 2010, 2:10 pm

Angry SAFE2STAR Dead on arrival

I bought a 16GGb touch screen from Safe2Star. Dead on arrival, Posted it back (at my expense) then waited many days. Then was asked to provide proof of posting - which I did. Was stalled and stalled - Lots of "Sorry My Friend, I will refund you" type of stalling messages. Then told to wait 48 hours for refund, then told to wait 72 hours for refund (because SAFE2STAR doesn't work weekends???). Eventually I opened a dispute with Ebay and got a full refund. Don't think I'd have got anything without the dispute being opened. It's time Ebay stopped letting these people rip us off.
Old 19th Jun 2010, 6:51 pm
I love my MPx player

Smile

He works weekends when you threaten to send the Hong Kong Customs and Excise around!
Old 17th Dec 2010, 4:59 pm

i bought his item below from safe2star a few weeks back, waiting for it to arrive, but was a little bit warey after reading about people buying SDcards that said they where 32gb when they where more like 3.2gb so im a little worried about it arriving now, fingers crossed it actually works, but im already wondering what to say to him because i just KNOW that mines gona be the same obviously, i mean it was cheap, there is bound to be a problem, sold my 4gb ipod for 100 an bought one of these, i got given the ipod you see and have always been a bigger fan of simple mp3 players, and even with the ipod i didnt use itunes because it was annoying. but i was wondering if anyone had bought one of these yet also and recieved it, and if so where there any problems an if so what did you do?
Click the image to open in full size.

oh and there is also another person now selling these items
Member ID cooltechzone

Last edited by twinghost; 17th Dec 2010 at 5:11 pm.
Old 18th Dec 2010, 12:11 am

Default oh dear, still at it

Sorry to hear you got conned like so many others, sorrier to see that ebaypal is still in league with these crooks.
I had one of these a year ago, a fraction of the claimed memory, it worked for about 2 months.

My suggestion:
Immediately post negative feedback, use terms like "fake memory scam".
They will undoubtedly come back pretending that they were unaware of the "problem", they will offer some form of refund and if they do not do so at first and you hold out you will later get offered a full refund.
Accept the refund and agree to pull the feedback as long as they have been truthful.
If they contact you after the refund arrives simply direct them to any of the anti-memory scam sites.

The weird thing is that I have never seen these devices sold at a realistic price (with real memory), the whole design/production effort seems to have been directed at these scams and if the scammers are actually paying cash for these the base hardware can only be a couple of bucks, add 16gb real branded for say 20 bucks and you could actually have something worthwhile.

In between times I have found that older model Sandisk players can be obtained from UK and US sites quite cheaply so, as long as you do not expect camera, games and other crap you ought to be able to find a reasonable capacity music player than is not sold with a fruit logo.

Last edited by fueldragster; 18th Dec 2010 at 12:27 am. Reason: sandisk suggestion

Sponsored Links