myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

Beware Ebay Seller: pricelessauction, sells hacked players.
Post New Thread

Old 5th Jan 2011, 10:45 am

Oh I've opened before. I was hesitent to open it because I was worried that somehting might snap and break. I eventually did it anyways, and was relieved, what they did with hte innards was use to plastic pugs that snap into 2 holes. You can pop them out and then pop them back in, so no damage to your player in the end. Though I did damage inadvertantly damage the outside of the plastic casing, but that was from prying it open with a screw driver when I should of just pulled it apart.

As for the OS, it reads as Ver. 1018_090212_rel_tp_8

The differences with the OS that I've seen so far is what preloaded games are included. Also, a handfull have been known to have virus's. The bootleg iPhone's have pretty much the same OS with only slight differences in the preloaded games, just like our MP3's.
Old 5th Jan 2011, 5:13 pm

Thank's a lot again. Your experience is precious for me! Did you get any usefull information when you unmount it? Did you keep the chipset serial number or something else that can help me in my search?
Old 8th Jan 2011, 9:58 pm

Sorry for the delay, had my hand slashed a few days ago by my cat, still not healed. In any case, I couldn't find my original photo's from disassembly. So I took some new ones, though they are of a much enferior quality then previous ones.

Click the image to open in full size.

It's hard to make out the words, and I believe the larger chip is the processor. Marked AT12237T (note the 1 may actually be an I.)

The battery though is easy to make out. it's a 3.7V 500mAh marked as "Sy303450" Usefull to know at least what voltagethe thing operates on to replace it should it die.

Hope this helps, please share your own pcitures shoudl you open up your own unit.

Last edited by V Guyver; 8th Jan 2011 at 10:05 pm. Reason: Added info on product.
Old 20th Jan 2011, 8:36 pm

Thank's a lot for those image but I can't see it clearly. Can you send me your original image to my email?

Thnak's in advance
Old 21st Jan 2011, 10:52 pm

Sorry, seems the filehost for those images were saved as thumbnails instead of full pcitures. isntead of goign through the trouble of reuploading them, I instead prepared a mediafire zip file with the large size pictures so everyone can view them instead of just sending them via emial. Just follow the link.

VGuyver Fake MP3 player.zip
Old 15th Apr 2011, 9:32 pm

here, this is the way I noticed that it is intended to remove the memory hack. I saved the URL
Old 16th Apr 2011, 10:52 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annagyijjk View Post
here, this is the way I noticed that it is intended to remove the memory hack. I saved the URL
What URL? Or are you just trying to direct me to spam with the links in your Signature?
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links