myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Video related

Conversion to amv via mac
Post New Thread

Old 26th Apr 2016, 1:59 pm

Default Conversion to amv via mac

Hi My name is Tom and I currently bought a fake iPod, in other words this model right here:
4th 1 8
This model has a chip within it called the AK2117C, and I'll probably ask about the firmware later (so I can maybe modify the software personally and not to mention update it as well). Anyways back to the point! So I use a mac for my work and download podcasts and stuff to listen to on my player and was wondering on the conversion of videos and such. I understand the base of the amv format originates with avi so it actually comes to my mind that it may be possible even if there is no converter for mac that I may be able to convert the video via ffmpeg. In that train of thought, and if this may be possible, what would be the code or what would I have to do on a mac to convert the video to amv format? Thanks,
Tom Hancock
Old 2nd May 2016, 2:56 am
Administrator
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboarder View Post
Hi My name is Tom and I currently bought a fake iPod, in other words this model right here:
4th 1 8
This model has a chip within it called the AK2117C, and I'll probably ask about the firmware later (so I can maybe modify the software personally and not to mention update it as well). Anyways back to the point! So I use a mac for my work and download podcasts and stuff to listen to on my player and was wondering on the conversion of videos and such. I understand the base of the amv format originates with avi so it actually comes to my mind that it may be possible even if there is no converter for mac that I may be able to convert the video via ffmpeg. In that train of thought, and if this may be possible, what would be the code or what would I have to do on a mac to convert the video to amv format? Thanks,
Tom Hancock
Hi longboarder,

I haven't seen an AMV converter for Mac unfortunately. I'm not a Mac user but I've heard of Parallels, or Boot Camp (built into Mac) or Wine can be used to run Windows applications on a Mac. You could take a further look here too: Top 10 Windows Emulator for Mac That Will Allow Convenient Access of Windows Applications on Your Mac.

Once you have those setup, then download and install either of the following and use the AMV Convert Tool to convert your videos into AMV.

Hope that helps you out. Let me know how you get on.

Old 2nd May 2016, 10:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binh@MyMPx View Post
Hi longboarder,

I haven't seen an AMV converter for Mac unfortunately. I'm not a Mac user but I've heard of Parallels, or Boot Camp (built into Mac) or Wine can be used to run Windows applications on a Mac. You could take a further look here too: Top 10 Windows Emulator for Mac That Will Allow Convenient Access of Windows Applications on Your Mac.

Once you have those setup, then download and install either of the following and use the AMV Convert Tool to convert your videos into AMV.

Hope that helps you out. Let me know how you get on.
So I'm guessing ffmpeg would be a good way to go?

Sponsored Links