myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Support and How To

Ebay Mp3/Mp4 Problem......
Post New Thread

Old 2nd Nov 2006, 7:16 pm

Default Ebay Mp3/Mp4 Problem......

Hey!!!

I recently bought a Mp3/Mp4 player from Ebay. It was 80 dollars and i got it. It turns out that you cant put more than 99 songs on it and the battery life is weak. The guy said it is a 8gb, but its not even. Im not sure if its 512 or 1gb, but its not.....

and im pissed...it says its 8gb, even in properties, but once you put the music it stops at a certain point and gives a specific error of somesort...

and also when uploading..it takes like what? 14 minutes until it stops at 99 songs.....

thought it was fasted...

what should i do? i compalined to paypal and they will only give me 30 bucks (as the guy stated...)
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 7:35 pm
Valued Member

Kappa21, If you bought it as an 8GB it is most certainly hacked, to remove the hack from your player and find it's true size open the MP3 layer Disk Tool which is part of MP3 Player utilities and go to the Partition Encrypt tab and move the slider all the way right then back left and press start.
This will rebuild the partition and it will now read it's true size less 20 or so MB that the firmware uses.

You are entitled to a full refund including shipping as the goods you received differ from the player you purchased.
You need to file a dispute with PayPal and lodge a complaint against the trader with Ebay.

How to get full refund and how to expose fraudulent sellers?
Check if the seller is still actively listing the same counterfeit items right now!
After confirmimg receiving counterfeit item, you should complete the Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described process dispute after 10 days of item closing date so that eBay or Paypal is alerted of the development of fraudulent situation. If you have paid by Paypal, you can also complete the Paypal Buyer Complaint Process to get refund from Paypal within 45 days.
Since you have NOT been provided with what you have paid for, it does not falls into seller's return policy. You are covered by the 90 days protection period under eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program.
Unless these fraudsters would risk their eBay account for permanent suspension, they will for sure be in contact with you quicker than anything else. You then regain control of the situation and the power is again on your side.
Counterfeit is FRAUD, do not settle with the seller unless the seller is paying for all the associated return shipping cost of the item.
You still own the right to provide negative feedback against the seller to alert the fraudulent situation to warn other eBayers.
Provided that you have provided negative feedback to the seller and if subsequently the seller provides you with an unfair retaliatory negative feedback, you have a case to lodge against the seller by requesting eBay for feedback removal to fully protect your feedback.
Effectively you will get your money back either from the seller or from eBay/Paypal. Most important by going through this, you have assisted the process of exposing fradulent sellers on eBay, which will result in permanent suspension of the seller's account.
In most countries, FRAUD is a CRIMINAL offense and injunctions may be brought against the fraudsters to prevent them from moving on under a different name after being banned. Thus, you may choose to contact your law enforcement agencies or each respective brand manufacturers in your region, to report counterfeit and provide them with your item detail and the source of the item.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 7:41 pm
MPx Junkie

hacked player, sorry.
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 8:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1";p=&quot View Post
Kappa21, If you bought it as an 8GB it is most certainly hacked, to remove the hack from your player and find it's true size open the MP3 layer Disk Tool which is part of MP3 Player utilities and go to the Partition Encrypt tab and move the slider all the way right then back left and press start.
This will rebuild the partition and it will now read it's true size less 20 or so MB that the firmware uses.

You are entitled to a full refund including shipping as the goods you received differ from the player you purchased.
You need to file a dispute with PayPal and lodge a complaint against the trader with Ebay.

How to get full refund and how to expose fraudulent sellers?
Check if the seller is still actively listing the same counterfeit items right now!
After confirmimg receiving counterfeit item, you should complete the Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described process dispute after 10 days of item closing date so that eBay or Paypal is alerted of the development of fraudulent situation. If you have paid by Paypal, you can also complete the Paypal Buyer Complaint Process to get refund from Paypal within 45 days.
Since you have NOT been provided with what you have paid for, it does not falls into seller's return policy. You are covered by the 90 days protection period under eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program.
Unless these fraudsters would risk their eBay account for permanent suspension, they will for sure be in contact with you quicker than anything else. You then regain control of the situation and the power is again on your side.
Counterfeit is FRAUD, do not settle with the seller unless the seller is paying for all the associated return shipping cost of the item.
You still own the right to provide negative feedback against the seller to alert the fraudulent situation to warn other eBayers.
Provided that you have provided negative feedback to the seller and if subsequently the seller provides you with an unfair retaliatory negative feedback, you have a case to lodge against the seller by requesting eBay for feedback removal to fully protect your feedback.
Effectively you will get your money back either from the seller or from eBay/Paypal. Most important by going through this, you have assisted the process of exposing fradulent sellers on eBay, which will result in permanent suspension of the seller's account.
In most countries, FRAUD is a CRIMINAL offense and injunctions may be brought against the fraudsters to prevent them from moving on under a different name after being banned. Thus, you may choose to contact your law enforcement agencies or each respective brand manufacturers in your region, to report counterfeit and provide them with your item detail and the source of the item.
ok so since the items i received is not correct...but the seller has a mix account...he sells another item as well as 8gb mp3 players. Some people have given him a good response..others have given him a bad response..but overall he has a 90%+ feedback...

i said that i received it, but it was wrong (from paypal). The seller offered me a respnonse like this:
"IM sorry this occured. Heres 30$. Im sorry it happened. I dont wanna waste ur time"

so now, im nervous..i got less than 5-6 days to respond to this guy..
Should i accept the $30 (this is a 80$) or should i reject it and take it the next step?

Whos side is who in this?
Cause i think its a lottery somehow..some people get a Hacked Mp3 and some dont.....

i dont know what to do and im scared.....
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 8:36 pm
Valued Member

Default Re: Ebay Mp3/Mp4 Problem......

Kappa21 , you should first format your player with Disk Tools to verify the actual real memory size.
Next with the actual memory size, you have to decide whether to go ahead and accept $30 refund, or escalate your case with Paypal.
i'll suggest that you check around ebay for prices of players selling at your actual memory size and see if they sell for $50 or more.

And regarding the 99 files, each folder can only store a maximum of 99 files. You will need to create another folder to store more files. But each limited to 99 files.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 8:39 pm

it says the file is corrupted and unreadable when i put more than 99 songs and i add a new file....

should i just format my whole drive?
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 8:44 pm
Valued Member

Kappa21 , as mentioned earlier, your player can only support a Maximum of 99 files PER folder. You need to create multiple folders to store additional files in there.

Format your player to verify the actual memory size before deciding to accept the $30 refund or escalate the Paypal claim.

Sponsored Links
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 8:48 pm

Hey..

I formatted my drive and putting new music in....
Its taking a while to put music in..its not rapid as expected...

im going to put the music into folders now to check if they are ok...
i was once able to store a little bit more than a 1gb with a movie that never worked..

also...
I have alot of mpeg,avi..etc.. files..and my Mp3/Mp4 needs this weird AMV file..how do i convert?
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 9:04 pm
Valued Member

Kappa21 , you will find a thread on converting .AMV files Here.

Sponsored Links