myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

Help!!I don't know whether my mp4 is dead or not
Post New Thread

Old 29th May 2007, 12:11 am

Default Help!!I don't know whether my mp4 is dead or not

ok so yesterday ive upgraded my firmware, even though its still the same version but my mp4's screen became white when it completed the upgrading. My firmware is Act2093_S75. At first i thought there's something wrong with it because it kept on shutting off whenever i played a song, when i plugged it in the computer it said i only have 155mb left even though i only have 78 songs on my mp4 and my mp4 is 1gb. So i tried to upgraded and yea the screen became white. So could someone help me out please?!?! :cry:
Old 29th May 2007, 2:10 am
Valued Member

hamzrox,
There are hundreds of manufacturers of these cheap players and no consistancy what so ever in there production. Firmware version numbers are meaningless, you could have a 100 9.0.50 version firmware and they could all be different specifically configured to the players that they were originally designed for. The firmware you have used is not compatible with your players hardware configuration and was originally produced for a player using a different LCD type.

Your original problems were possibly not firmware related but most likely due to the fact that your players memory chip was hacked to read larger than it's true size. You do not mention what size player you purchased but it is most likely only has a 1GB memory chip.

Sadly there is no way to recover the lost memory because it was not really there in the first place and unless you can find another firmware that is suited to your player there is little chance of recovery.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 29th May 2007, 2:24 am

then what can I do about it? Can it be fix at all? I don't know what I should do when the device didn't come up on my window screen.

Sponsored Links