myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

New Angel device dead
Post New Thread

Old 7th Jun 2012, 2:16 am

Default New Angel device dead

After making a mistake trying to make a backup of my New Angel mp3 device, it no works anymore. Original firmware was this reference: 2011/03/08 1.0.17.0112 AS250D-v1.10
I have the utilities able to flash the new firmware, downloaded from NOGO homepage, but the tries of obtaining from chinese dealesr or makers the working firmware for my device is very hard, they refuse to colaborate. Now the device only shows iluminated screen, no words or so are displayed. PC Windows recognizes it as microsd card read, and flashing utilities recognizes it and flash normally, but without the correct flash is a useless procedure.
If I get the firmware from the many of the makers of this model of player, sure I post it here. If someone have any idea about it, please post here.

This is the device: New angel USB Mini Portable speaker box with FM Radio,sound box HiFi stereo Speaker for MP3/MP4/Laptop/PC,
Old 15th Jun 2012, 10:24 am

Default More data

The main chip of the system is the new ATS2503 controller from Actions Semiconductor.
Old 21st Jun 2012, 4:20 am

Almost a good news, using an old firmware of an ATS2503 device called LQX6 the device is now partially working. It works reading microsd card and usb pendrive, plays mp3 songs, output from amplifier, volume controls and secuential select of songs. Is very far awy than idel, because screen has no data, no other selections are available, no FM, or so. But is a beggining. The firmware is this: LQX6__2503_12864(240f())_FM(QN8035)_11.12.20_Z S_V1.2.fw If someone wants to download it, Ill be proud to put in a file server site.
Old 4th Jul 2012, 11:11 am

With a brand new New Angel device and using S1FWX 3.0 I have extracted a dump.bin file with some alerts of errors from the program, the size of the file is 6.165kb. I tried to repair this file with repair.bat option but some errors occur, this generates a repaired.bin file. I tried to upload dump and/or repaired.bin using newest S1fwx versions, and the process was fine without errors, but when I try to play with the device, it was not able to run the firmware and work. So I reflashed with Mass Product tool utility and LQX6 pseudocompatible firmware again. If someone knows the way to make a flashable firmware with my dump.bin file, please report it how.
Old 5th Jul 2012, 10:22 am

If someone knows the way to transform my dump.bin obtained from a working New Angel device with s1fwx 3.0 , in a working firmware, this is the dump.bin file obtained and NOT repaired due a errors that I can not solve. Thanks a lot.

newangel.bin (6,02 MB) - uploaded.to

Old 13th Jul 2012, 3:50 am

Hi all, trying to flash my semi-dead player I found a firmware that seemed to be very compatible with my device as I could see on the LCD that uses. After flashing, my device was not recognized at all by computer when connected to usb. I thought really was absolutely dead with no recover. But I remember that shorting some pins in the main chipset sometimes this dead devices pass to a recovery state, so I said myself, lets a try. I discover that shorting the lower left pins of the ATS(ATJ)2503 the device enters in ADFU mode, so can be reflashed in recovery mode with Media Player Recovery Tool. I did it and recover to previous state using my semicompatible firmware from Royqueen. I will continue surfing the chinese webs (mostly only in chinese) in the search for my beloved compatible firmware.
The point enclosed in the red square is where you must short:

http://ul.to/62sdfna2

Last edited by aestrada; 13th Jul 2012 at 8:23 am. Reason: Add image.
Old 26th Apr 2013, 2:09 am

I have downloaded a full info datasheet of ATS250x processor, and hopefully it shows an SPI interface. It contains SPI MISO, MOSI, CLK and SS (CBS I suppose). They are located at the end of the left side of the processor. I have found the info in the web to build an SPI programmer thru LPT port, it is very easy to build, with an 25 pin LPT male connector and some resistances. The goal is to read the firmaware of a working device from SPI pins and then burn it in my dead unit. The pins are very small and solder skill is a must. I have a program that cam read from SPI pin the firmware, but is made to read from SPI of a bluetooth module made from CSR. I dont know if it Works or not, only a try will answer that question. The SPI programmer is this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-txoUBJNqeC.../s1600/spi.jpg
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links