myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

DEAD PLAYER RECOVERY GUIDE
Post New Thread

Old 23rd Jun 2006, 3:41 am
Valued Member

deanathome, If you are in recovery mode you need to upload a full firmware version not your backup dump.bin because it does not contain all neccessary files. If you have installed a full firmware and are now installing your backup and getting this message you may not have run repair.bat when you extracted your dump.bin.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 3:50 am

Could you advise me on how to get a full firmware version
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 4:28 am
Valued Member

Default Re: DEAD PLAYER RECOVERY GUIDE

deanathome, this is the only one I have,

HERE

it may not fully recover your player but after you install it it should allow you to then upload your original firmware.

If you have any problems with the installation refer to the DEAD PLAYER RECOVER GUIDE HERE

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 4:53 am

no still didn't help thanks anyway
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 1:13 pm
I love my MPx player

First I would like to say thank you for the help tadad1 you are a life saver. This morning I started to do what you said. I ignored the windows logo error but then after setting properties to ignore the windows logo error windows automatically installed the driver I didnt have to do any steps in the guide. But now when I get to the last step to load the new firmware it sometimes says device not detected when opening the mp3 utilities so I turn off the player and turn it back on again and open the update utilities again then it says - device switching failed, reconnect device please!-. But now there is life as I get the blank blue screen while its plugged to the computer which it was not doing that before. So we are getting there I think. Thanks!
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 1:14 pm
I love my MPx player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket_Nano";p=&quot View Post
First I would like to say thank you for the help tadad1 you are a life saver. This morning I started to do what you said. I ignored the windows logo error but then after setting properties to ignore the windows logo error windows automatically installed the driver I didnt have to do any steps in the guide. But now when I get to the last step to load the new firmware it sometimes says device not detected when opening the mp3 utilities so I turn off the player and turn it back on again and open the update utilities again then it says - device switching failed, reconnect device please!-. But now there is life as I get the blank blue screen while its plugged to the computer which it was not doing that before. So we are getting there I think. Thanks!
Oh and also when it says device not detectd I check windows explorer and it is in there showing up as f drive now like its supposed to.
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 1:42 pm

Thankss GOD!!! I'have done it...one week later I get success...but I have to merge 3.5.37 and my dump.bin with a code then download this firmware file with Product_Toolsv2.8 not with standart tool.before merge operation you have to rename the 3.5.37.fw to full.bin

here is the code copy and paste this code and save as merge.bat and copy this to s1fwx folder.Then copy dump.bin (you have extracted from your player or find it from firmware archieve by reading firmwares s1res_v16 program you can find suitable dump file from your logos if you remember them) and 3.5.37.fw to same folder and rename it to full.bin then click merge.bat you will see a new file merged.bin.. here is the code

@echo off

::try to repair dump if needed
s1fwx r dump.bin

::make script from full.bin to recompile from
s1fwx s full.bin > merge.script

::extract files from the full.bin
s1fwx x full.bin

::extract files from dump.bin overwriting files extracted from full.bin
s1fwx x dump.bin

::rebuild full firmware with files from dump.bin included
s1fwx a merged.bin:afi < merge.script

::delete surplus files
for %%t in (dump full merged) do ren %%t.bin *.bak
for %%t in (script ap fw bin bi$) do del *.%%t
ren *.bak *.bin

But don't forget firstly you have to download firmware 3.5.37 to be recognisied by your computer then download merged.bin, I have used Product_Toolsv2.8 to download both of these firmware.
you can find these programs www.s1mp3.org
Product_Toolsv2.8(for firmware download)
s1fwx_v30(extract-back up and merge dump bin)
s1res_v16(For reading firmware contents)
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 3:11 pm

if you see that blue screen you need to touch the pins again with a screwdriver and you'll hear the sound, I think it is better to use Product_Toolsv2.8 to upgrade firmware.It can write the selected firmware easily to the flash even if the firmware is invalid.İndeed there is problem in original fw upgrade program so I prefer that one.Thanks all of you and sorry for my poor english :roll:
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 4:29 pm
I love my MPx player

Ok I formatted my player in the FAT. Now I dont get any errors when opening mp3 player utilities it reconizes it every time. Even when i first connect it to my computer it shows up in explorer and under my computer. When I go to download the new firmware it even says success and reboots the player and is reconized but it is still blue blank screen. So now what any more help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!.
Old 23rd Jun 2006, 6:12 pm
Valued Member

Pocket_Nano, If you are still getting the blue screen you still have not found the right firmware for your player. You will need to try some others.

Sponsored Links