myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

DEAD PLAYER RECOVERY GUIDE
Post New Thread

Old 24th Jun 2006, 3:24 pm
I love my MPx player

Default Re: DEAD PLAYER RECOVERY GUIDE

Ok I think I just dont know what I'm doing. I have tried for 10 hours now to fix this. I have the player to where it works and when first connected to the computer it is reconized and shows up as f: drive in explorer. I can also turn the player off by holding down the play button like always so it is working. Just still have this plain blue screen and no text or anything. I think my problem is that I dont know how or where to put these firmware files after downlaoding from this site. I use firefox browser and when I click download from the site here it puts the files onto my desktop. Some files end in .rar some end in .php and alot others. I am not puter techy so I'm lost here. This is what I think will work if someone is willing to help me. I found this firmware here http://www.mympxplayer.com/dload.php...le&file_id=152 this is what I think I need. If anyone can make a guide or can just tell me how to extract and where to put these files on my computer so it would be easier for less techy people as myself to access when puting them into the firmware upgrade utilities software. Basically I can follow instructions but really dont know where to start. Thanks for all your help so far.

- Pocket_Nano -
Old 24th Jun 2006, 3:28 pm
I love my MPx player

PS. Most files after I download them to my desktop then when I click on them to open windows just says it cannot open this file windows needs to know what program created them. ???.
Old 24th Jun 2006, 5:51 pm
Valued Member

Pocket_Nano,
The file types you mentioned, RAR files are like ZIP files you need to download a program like Winrar or 7zip to open then and extract the files. PHP are image files for Adobe Photoshop, usually for themes.

To load your firmware you should extract your firmware to your desktop they will be .bin or .fw files. Connect your player to your PC then open MP3 Upgrade Tool. Click on the "Select Firmware" button and navigate to the firmware you want to upgrade. The version of the firmware you have chosen will appear on the right. then press the "Begin Upgrade" button to upload your firmware to your player.

If you get an error message you may need to repair the firmware so download a program called s1fwx from the download section and unzip to your desktop. Copy your firmware into the s1fwx folder and if you need to rename to "dump.bin" then run the repair.bat, now you should be able to upload the firmware.
You may also need to format your player.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 24th Jun 2006, 8:29 pm
I love my MPx player

Tadad1 I know how to use the utilities as to clicking choose firmware and then begin upgrading and all that.. I know that when I click on download button on this website for the firmware I choosen it puts it on my desktop. Now I have downloaded the 7-zip file manager is that correct?. But what I'm saying is I dont know how to go from there. After the firmware is on my desktop I need to know the steps to open with firmware with 7zip and where to put it and how to find it for when I open the mp3 utilities to choose the firmware. I hope that makes it easier to understand what I'm asking.
Old 24th Jun 2006, 9:16 pm
Valued Member

Pocket_Nano, If you have installed 7zip then you should be able to right click on the file you want to open and find a 7zip entry in the context menu. When you move your mouse to the 7zip entry a menu will pop out giving you options on opening the file. If you select Extract Here it will extract the file to wherever the original file is stored. So if say, Dump.rar is on your desktop and you right click on it and choose Extract here in the 7zip menu it will be extracted to your desktop.

When you open MP3 Update Tool and use the "Select new Firmware file" button you will be presented with an Open Dialogue which is like a miny version of Explorer. If you click on the little arrow at the top of the window in the area marked "Look in" you will see a directory tree of your computer, choose Desktop and find the file you just extracted using 7zip (dump.bin or 3.5.37.fw, whatever it is called) then select it and it will load into MP3 Update Utilities. Now all you need to do is click the "Begin Upgrade" button.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 25th Jun 2006, 2:41 am
Administrator
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket_Nano";p=&quot View Post
Tadad1 I know how to use the utilities as to clicking choose firmware and then begin upgrading and all that.. I know that when I click on download button on this website for the firmware I choosen it puts it on my desktop. Now I have downloaded the 7-zip file manager is that correct?. But what I'm saying is I dont know how to go from there. After the firmware is on my desktop I need to know the steps to open with firmware with 7zip and where to put it and how to find it for when I open the mp3 utilities to choose the firmware. I hope that makes it easier to understand what I'm asking.

Pocket_Nano,

Best to probably open a new post with your enquiry. However, let's see if I can answer it for you.

Firstly, you need the program "7-Zip" to open .7z files. Much like .zip files but better compression and FREEWARE (no more nagging Winzip boxes all the time).

You can download 7-Zip from here.

The second part is updating the firmware on your player. There is a Knowledge Base on this too - How to: Update the firmware for your MP3/MP4 player which can be located here.

Hopefully this helps answer your questions.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

Old 25th Jun 2006, 12:37 pm
I love my MPx player

Thank you ADMIN. Tadad1 already explained all that for me in the previous post's. Sorry didnt mean to post in the wrong place. Tadad1 I would like to say thank you so much for being so kind and helping me out with all my questions and for being so patient with me as I'm an amteur at this computer stuff. But houston we have lift off! lol I recovered my dead player and owe you a beer NO I owe you a 6 pack!.

Thanks so much Tadad1!.

- Pocket_Nano -
Sponsored Links
Old 25th Jun 2006, 5:27 pm
Valued Member

Pocket_Nano, That is excellent news, I am glad you got your player up and running, well done.

Old 27th Jun 2006, 5:08 pm
Valued Member

Have added a link to another full version firmware, this one is a 3.5.35 version and restored my poor test player with one flash instead of two. Those that have restored there players and find that they no longer have TelBook, Text and Games may also find this fixes the issue as well.

Old 28th Jun 2006, 5:57 am

hi everyone,

i am glad to say this, that i have recoverd a dead player, i followed the same instructions...... that was posted....that to short the pins and so on,
here is the link to how to go abt it
http://www.mympxplayer.com/viewtopic.php?t=567

the information is very much true, the chip is smillar to all mpx player, make sure u guys follow the exact information which is mentioned in the above link.

below is the link to download firmare v3.5.37
http://www.mympxplayer.com/dload.php...6364da93f003b1

all i did was opened the mpx player, and shorted the pins, and my comp recongized the player, and i opened the mp3 utility and it asked me that ur player is in recovery mode, i installed the firmware v3.5.37, i got my each every option...in my player......

my software is same as below with exact features......

http://www.mympxplayer.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=4

i can now listen music, watch movie clips, fm, my loved one pics, etc.,

thanx a lot to all of u....

thanx again to admin, tatad1, arish, bnih.....etc.....

hope all urs also will recover.......

thanx
vinod

Sponsored Links