myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

146 eBay traders reported as selling hacked players.
Post New Thread

Old 26th Mar 2010, 10:03 pm

chingching688 is a horrible Ebay Seller as well, He sells Hacked flash Memory....!!!
Old 28th Mar 2010, 3:20 am
I love my MPx player

Maybe add

eBay My World - supernova9106

not had a reply from him either and still waiting on a delivery of the touch screen one which I almost sure will be a fake memory job
Old 28th Mar 2010, 3:28 am
I love my MPx player

Thumbs down

I recommend we go to these sellers listings of know suspect items and click on the "Report Item" flag and that way ebay will get some idea that they may have a big big problem here!

The category to chose is "Fraudulent Listing" and chose the sub option that you "didn't bid" and enter a brief description, eg "Seller claims device is 16Gb whereas there is proof its 4Gb" and so on

May work

ian
Old 28th May 2010, 3:05 pm

add hola-fly to the list please (i've signed the petition yet)
mp4 player capacity only 2GB instead of 8GB (hacked of course)
Old 8th Jun 2010, 3:44 pm

Angry 32Gb ripoff (still on sale on ebay every day)

Hello, I'm new to this. I bought a "32gb touch screen" etc etc. Looked Ok when it arrived, Vista and XP said it was 32gb (how little I know). After loading about 80 music files I started getting format errors and 'File not exist'. I spent weeks, deleting, reformatting, adding files, trying different video convert programs, screen settings, codecs etc etc. Eventually I found this website (mympx.org) and tools to evaulate the true memory of my player. It turns out I have about 3.8Gb not 32Gb. As soon as I load more than 3.8 Gb it all goes pear shaped. I contacted the seller and he gave me a 50% refund but I've wasted so much of my time, thinking it was me being stupid with the video settings or something. Anyway, as a newbie to complaning to ebay or paypal, (never had a problem with ebay before) what do you all suggest I do?. Go for a full refund? or take it as a lesson learned?. It's time these sellers were STOPPED from advertising these things. Unfortunately I also bought a 16Gb (different seller) for my wife and when it arrived dead I sent it back to China. I don't know if I'll get any sort of refund or even a response. Can Ebay or Paypal sort this for me if I don't?? Good luck to all of you with your bad purchases.
Old 8th Jun 2010, 4:12 pm
I love my MPx player

I think ebay should put a health warning on ALL these types of listings, something like "MAY CONTAIN FAKE FLASH MEMORY DEVICES: STATED CAPACITY MAY BE A GROSS EXAGGERATION - ALWAYS TEST MEMORY ON RECEIPT - ALWAYS LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IF MEMORY IS NOT AS STATED"

On the subject of claims ebay says:-

"
If you've had a problem with your purchase, contact us so we can help.
  • You'll need to wait at least 3 days after the estimated delivery date or 7 days after payment if you weren't given an estimated delivery date.
  • You have up to 45 days after you paid to file a claim.
  • The seller has up to 10 days to respond to your claim.
"
Old 9th Jun 2010, 7:38 am

Can you add goldseller2011. Sold an 8G unit but when I tried to copy over 2G it completly killed it. Opend up the unit and it had a 2G samsung chip (K9AG08U0D). Have added it to the pettition already.

For info Auction link is

8GB LCD Mp3 Player Mini Metal Clip Mp3 FM Radio Black - eBay, iPod MP3 Players, Electronics. (end time 08-Jun-10 00:57:36 AEST)

Ok gave up waiting. posted neg feedback, contacted ebay, posted a dispute with paypal, posted a complain with ic3 and have started contacting the people from his feedback list that purchased the same unit. See how much of a headache that gives him.

Last edited by jpcw; 10th Jun 2010 at 7:37 am.
Sponsored Links
Old 9th Jun 2010, 7:56 am

Has anyone gotten one of these units.
LECTEUR MP3 MP4 8GO 8GB ECRAN TACTILE 2,8 FM DV Caméra - eBay, Lecteurs MP3, Multimédia, Image, TV, Son. (end time 04-Jun-10 05:47:00 AEST)
from the above posts I suspect that when it arives I'll find it is not really 8G and after my last experiance I really want to know before I kill the unit like I did with the last one. I wish I had found this site before buying these two players

EDIT - Well the unit has arived and so far I am plesantly supprised. Tested about 4.05gb out of the 8g and no errors or problems. testing the rest now.

EDIT 2 - Ok I an surprised, the unit passed all tests and realy is an 8g unit. I would recommend the seller, just wish the first guy was as good.

Last edited by jpcw; 10th Jun 2010 at 6:45 am.

Sponsored Links