myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

146 eBay traders reported as selling hacked players.
Post New Thread

Old 8th Mar 2007, 6:14 pm
MPx Junkie

taddad - thanks for updating the list. Might I add that keistore and keisquare are the same seller - keistore recently changed IDs. Also, I strongly disagree with tinydealdirect being on the blacklist. As I have mentioned elsewhere in the forum, I've received 4 nonhacked players from them, including a genuine 4gig. I found it strange that only 1 person put them on the blacklist and searching through all their negative feedbacks, I've only found 1 related to hacking. I'm sure with over 10000 feedbacks way more people would have complained if their players were hacked. They are honest businessmen.
Old 8th Mar 2007, 8:03 pm
Valued Member

princessanne1026,

It would appear that the following eBay traders are all run by Tronfy Tech or Tronfy Technologies.

lowest_total_price
tinydealdirect
ygsm_mobiledigital
e-britain
factorypricestore
buy.mall!

Although as you point out there is only one negative feedback against tinydealdirect re hacked players, Tronfy's other accounts are some of the most prolific scammers on eBay totaling almost 100,000 sales. As such I have no problem blacklisting all of them.

http://www.mympxplayer.org/tinydeald...ghlight=tronfy
http://www.mympxplayer.org/e-britain...ghlight=tronfy

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 23rd Mar 2007, 6:35 pm
Keen on MPx players

Default Re: 103 eBay traders reported as sell hacked players.

Hi Admin,

Please add i-ProShop to blacklist.

Because CoolStuff_Onlinestore has changed name to i-ProShop. You can see 'recently changed name' tag on ebay .
Old 28th Mar 2007, 10:12 pm

You can add SkyTower to the list. I purchased a hacked player. The battery was also pretty bad and didn't last long.

SkyTower are still trading, but no longer selling MP3's but are selling nintendo games only.
Old 31st Mar 2007, 7:56 pm

Default Re: 114 eBay traders reported as sell hacked players.

Hello: you can add xproarea as a bad seller.

I bought a 2gb MP4 and it has 1gb memory :x :evil:
Too bad I didn't know about this forum before I bought it.

Can you tell me of a GOOD seller? I want to buy another 2gb player.

Thank you!
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 5:05 pm

Hi, I think i may have just been ripped off! I won 3 auctions, all by the same seller thinking i was getting 3 great bargains. Then i found your forum and this topic and was godsmacked! The seller is claiming the mp4 players i have bought are 8GB but further into the auction i noticed it said this:

"# First GB playable & recordable * This is a compressed 8GB flash drive, the 8GB capacity is for storing data files only; the actual playable and recordable capacity is 1GB. "

These are the auctions i won:

BIDDING! NEW 8GB MP4 MP3 Player Video Movie REC FM PMP

BID! NEW 8GB MP4 MP3 Player Video Movie REC FM PMP 8G

BID! NEW 8GB MP4 MP3 Player Video Movie REC FM PMP 8G

Then if you look at this auction which is the same seller you notice he warns you about sellers selling hacked players with some info which makes you wonder about the ones i have purchased from him:

BID! NEW 1GB MP4 MP3 Player Video Movie REC FM + GIFT!

Should I Be Worried? :shock: I have emailed the seller asking about the players and have stated that if they are hacked i no longer want them, If he tells me they're not hacked and i find out when they arrive i will not be happy and will be putting a complaint in about him on both ebay and paypal but he is not replying to me.

What are your thoughts? :idea:

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Azza87
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 6:10 pm
Valued Member

azza87, There is no such thing as compressed memory, the 8GB ones are just hacked versions of his 1GB players. Even things like images etc will become corrupt in the so called "data storage" area. I would say "wholesale.center" is a new trading name for a well established crook who has built up a lot of negative feedback and getting ready to dump his old trading name.
I doubt you will hear from him unless you slap him with negative feedback which he will then do the same to you. Sorry but I would not expect much from PayPal either, they do not give a shit and the whole process with return shipment at your cost will be more expense. Let us know his email details if he does reply to you. We may need to setup a spamming campaign.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 7:56 pm

Add eshopwell

Sold as 2GB actually contains only one 1GB chip

NEW 2GB MP3 MP4 VIDEO-MOVIE-AUDIO PLAYER
Old 4th Apr 2007, 9:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadad1";p=&quot View Post
azza87, There is no such thing as compressed memory, the 8GB ones are just hacked versions of his 1GB players. Even things like images etc will become corrupt in the so called "data storage" area. I would say "wholesale.center" is a new trading name for a well established crook who has built up a lot of negative feedback and getting ready to dump his old trading name.
I doubt you will hear from him unless you slap him with negative feedback which he will then do the same to you. Sorry but I would not expect much from PayPal either, they do not give a shit and the whole process with return shipment at your cost will be more expense. Let us know his email details if he does reply to you. We may need to setup a spamming campaign.
Hi, Thanks for your help. As soon as i read your post i went straight to paypal and filled a complaint for each of the auctions. I have just got 3 emails from paypal saying the payments have all been refunded.

Thanks again!
Old 4th Apr 2007, 9:24 pm

Default Re: 79 eBay traders known to sell hacked players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldad";p=&quot View Post
Please add digitexpert

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/digitexpert/

Sold me a 4GB player that was really a 2GB. Ignores emails.
Same here mate!! I am really annoyed about this! I would also like him or her to be added to the list!

I am also never buying anything again off ebay!!!!

Sponsored Links