myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

Beware Ebay Seller: pricelessauction, sells hacked players.
Post New Thread

Old 28th Jul 2010, 9:15 pm

Default Beware Ebay Seller: pricelessauction, sells hacked players.

pricelessauction on ebay is selling hacked players, bought one as a gift, turns out it's pretty much a dud. Claims to have a 32 gig, but seems more likely the device only has a 4-6GB drive. What a pain. Unfortunately my brother didn't do what I told him (To check the full size of the harddrive with program) report any problems to me and so pricelessauction had a positive review already by the time I learned the truth.

Currently trying to remove the hack with no luck, and the programs available wont let me reformat and remove the inflated fake partition in the real drive.

For 40 bucks or so, I don't really mind buying a 6 gig player, but god it's a pain with the hacks screwing the machine up.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 9th Dec 2010, 2:49 pm

That's the player i got... Did you manage to unhack it? Thank's in advance.
Old 11th Dec 2010, 8:28 am

Afraid not, and because of the hacks, the thing is almsot unplayable. There was a program designed to fix all of these sissues that is not listed on this website, but I lost track of it. Fixing these hacked MP3 wasn't really on my prioriy at the time. I'll update if I come across it again.
Old 11th Dec 2010, 5:01 pm

I will post an how to if i manage to do it myself. Maybe i will have some times with the coming christmass.

Thanks for your answer.
Old 12th Dec 2010, 11:06 am

here, this is the method I found that is supposed to remove the memory hack. I saved the URL but lost it when favorites got rearanged.But I went arround and tracked it down to see if it would work for you. I'll try it myself when I have the time.

Go into the section "Repairing a hacked MP3 player" and you should be allright.

Repairing Counterfeit Fake MP Players SOSFakeFlash
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 12:05 pm

Sorry for all those questions but did you get the same OS as the image you put in this thread? The one i got look crappiest and there a lot of none working options like the up arrow in every menu make the selection go down and the down arrow make the selection go up (Everywhere like when you select de date).

Thanks in advance. i will follow your guide as soon as possible.
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 12:18 pm

Not sure if I had that problem.

However the touch screen option was way off when first using the device. Eventually I foundcalibration option in the OS which helped fix that problem. Too bad I still haven't figured out how to unhack the damn thing. I downloaded an alternative program from what's listed in MyMPX and couldn't figure it out.

The OS is the same OS that is used in fake chinese iPod and iPhones.
Sponsored Links
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 1:36 pm

Thanks for the fast anwsers!

Did you get the real name or the real model of that device. I mean, a name that will help me finding all the software i need to update the firmware to get the newest or even the same as you.

Also, did you experiencing a big battery problem? In my case, when the battery is full charged, i can't use the device for more then 30 minutes and its often less. I plug it to the wall all night what can i do more?...
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 2:20 pm

Well first off in regards to the name. It doesn't have one. It's not advertised as one. There is no manual nor labelig on it. If there's a name, then only the seller would know. He wouldn't tell me and insisisted it had 32 gigs. Eventually he fessed up and game me a partial refund.

As for the battery. Mine didn't have a problem, but generally, these Chinese knockoffs are of bad quality, so batttery, screen, and button problems are the norm.

In regards to to finding the firmware, well you'll have to open up the innerds like most do and find the processor. The processor will have a ID which will will allow you to crossreference what firmware you can use on it. As for the battery, you can replace it with some soldering of another battery, you can buy a cheap broken cellphone,iPohone/iPod, or MP3 device and switch them up. There are tutorials on youtube, but I wouldn't reccomend doing this on your own without prior experience.
Old 4th Jan 2011, 1:02 pm

Thank's for your fast answers!

Did you manage to open it? I removed all the screws but it's seems like the device won't open easily. I'm scare to brake it if I do more.

Is there any software to detect the device on windows? Anything will be nice because when i look in the setting i got this for the firmware version :

ver: 1018_100303_rel_tp_iphone_bg_s

Did you got that one or another?

Sponsored Links