myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

Hacked memory = Defective?
Post New Thread

Old 2nd Jan 2011, 1:16 pm

Hi,

I finaly get some time to try to unhack my player but i don't where to start. My player is the same as this one, i don't know if somebody ever get it on the forum?

Chinese MP3/MP4 player - MyMPx

Now, i'm using h2testw to find the right capacity of the device but it will take age because the transfert rate is only at 500 kbyte/s and the device is supposed to be 16gb.

i found a tutorial to unhack flash memory on the forum but as this is not only a usb flash drive but a media player, i'm scare to format it.. i'm scare to blowout my player if i format it with a usb tool. Is there a special tool made for mp4 player?

Any other information on that device?.
Old 3rd Jan 2011, 2:47 pm

it's the same guy. pricelessauction was one of his identities before the account got banned. He has multiple accounts and he sells thousands of these hacked units each year. his pricelessauction auction account alone had 21,713 sales and now he's likely opened up a few more accounts with the same scan.
Old 18th Dec 2011, 12:49 am

Start with asking for a FULL REFUND.

In the past, a lot of members have been able to settle on PARTIAL refund for the player and that partial refund reduced the price of the player to a very low price.

Just search the forum and you'll find a lot of posts from other members and how they did it to get their refund. I would look at those and follow their steps and get a partial refund.

It makes it uneconomical for you to send back the player and you should definitely NOT pay for sending it back that's for sure because it's not your fault (!).

Hope that helps and update us on how you get on.

All the best.

Sponsored Links