myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Video related

rk27skd video and pictures - invalid format
Post New Thread

Old 15th Mar 2009, 8:53 am

Default rk27skd video and pictures - invalid format

Does anyone know of any software, and where to find it that will convert all of my mpeg, mp4 and avi's to work with this player??? or is there better firmware that will do the trick?? some avi files will play as video but some and most other file types come back as invalid format... and the same with pictures, i tried to save some jpg files to it and they show up for half a second before the player says "invalid format" and kicks me back to the main screen...

I love this player even though it seems everyone here doesn't like it much, it would just be great to play mp4s on my mp4 player!!!!! any help would be greatly appreciated !!!! thanks patronluvr for life!!!
Old 15th Mar 2009, 1:37 pm
Valued Member

yuo cant play mp4 file encoded with a certain system, even then mp4 support on your player will be non existent, mp4 is nothing but a container in which the inards can be several things

mp4 player means player that plays video, not MP4 files, yes confusing, but such is life

can u show the player please, is it def a rock27 series

images, info please are the too big?? what conversion prog

more deytails

re: Video - Download vidrop from this site and convert to xvid using AVI at screen size with 500kbps and mp3 but keep it low and all will be well. Particular setting also depends on the screen size of your player.
Old 15th Mar 2009, 2:16 pm

Default here is everything.....

here are the exact specs from the player....

manufacturer: (none)
Product name: RK27SDK
Major Version ID: 1.2
Hardware ID: 080422
Local memory size: 13.10G (used)
15.68G (total)

this forum wont let me upload a picture, says im not authorized, but here is the link below to the exact player and the statistics from the ad... i bought on Ebay...If you read the ad it show this player using Realplayer in one of the photos, is it possible to upload such a program to this device?? i am still unsure on what you mean about MP4s, how can i tell what type of file they actually are, and are they convertible? And if so How do i convert these video and picture files to a certain size??? Your help is much appreciated!!! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220344039728

MP4/MP5
Video Formats: RM/ RMVB (720 x 576 maximum), AVI (800 x 480 maximum), WMV, DIVX, XVID, ASF, MP4, 3GP, MOV, MPG

Directly Plays Flash Video Formats:
(no conversion needed), SWF, FLV (Compatible with Youtube)
Built-in High Speed Flash Memory.
260,000 TFT True Color Display (LCD size: 3.0 inch).
Built-in T-Flash/Micros Card Slot
Built-in game.
Built-in high quality speaker.

MP3
Support MP3, WMA, ASF, WAV, ACT Music Formats.
Support ID3: The songs' titles and lyrics can be shown on screen. (Software Included).
7 Playing Modes: Normal, Repeat One, Folder, Repeat Folder, Repeat All, Random, Intro.
7 presets EQ for your music: Normal, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Soft, Pop, DBB.

Support 16 Languages:
English, Simple Chinese, Trad Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Czech, Polish, Russian, and Turkish.
Inter-changeable animated startup screens.
Icon display function: direct icon display, accompanied with icon/ text.

Fm Radio:
Built-In FM Radio: FM stereo radio.
Support stereo sound radios.
FM Frequency Range: 87-108MHz.
Powerful automatic channel search function.
Powerful FM recording function.

E-Book Function:
Support txt Format files.
Phone book support.

Voice Recording:
High Quality Voice Digital Recording, 3 Recording Mode: Fine REC, Long REC, Long VOX
Up to 64 hours of high quality WAV format voice recording and up to 288 hours of ACT format voice recording, Recorded Messages can be saved in 9 Folders & 99 Files.
A-B repeater.
Built-in Microphone.
Built-in Speaker.

Picture Viewer:
Built-in Picture Viewer, support JPEG format pictures or JPEG photos downloaded from internet.

USB Storage:
Act as USB Flash Drive (Can store other data file), USB 2.0 high speed transferring, Plug & Play in Windows (no driver required) except Windows 98 or earlier.
Old 15th Mar 2009, 5:30 pm
Valued Member

thanks
i know the player i have one myself

basically real player refers to the RM/ RMVB file format very popular in china for video downloads, not much so here and a pain to convert

as i said, look in the downloads section for vidrop video converter, its a cracker and free

forget about files that are MP4 format, just convert them using vidrop to ....

AVI using xvid codec
420x272 size (dimensions)
500 kbps video bitrate
mp3 for audio
96kbps audio bitrate
44100 sample rate
set frames per second to 0 if using vidrop
Old 16th Mar 2009, 6:08 pm

thanks seems like a great program, vidrop that is... set the frames per sec to 0???? i give it a try...lol thanks
Old 17th Mar 2009, 1:09 am
Valued Member

setting to "0" allows vidrop to use the original sources frame rate which will be fine on these players
Old 17th Mar 2009, 12:11 pm

Default thanks

ok thanks i am input a file at the top of vidrop with the correct settings, adding a path and new file name at the bottom, but when i press convert nothing happens?? how do i convert the file? shouldnt it appear in my path folder with the new file name and extension?? do i have to mess with the add or run batch buttons on the bottom left?? or is there a certain period of time i have to wait for something to appear, i waited a few mins but nothing is happening??? help!!
Sponsored Links
Old 25th Apr 2011, 6:45 pm

Default windows 7 and rk27sdk ???

i have this rockchip mp4 and it has worked fine, but i havent used it in a year or so and now all of my pcs are running windows 7, and computers will not recogn. the player.. is there a driver or patch somewhere?
Old 26th Apr 2011, 7:40 am
MPx Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patronluvr View Post
i have this rockchip mp4 and it has worked fine, but i havent used it in a year or so and now all of my pcs are running windows 7, and computers will not recogn. the player.. is there a driver or patch somewhere?
28th April -> new Ubuntu 11.04 will come out!
Ubuntu homepage | Ubuntu
Burn LiveCD, and use it without any changes to your computer!
You can launch LiveCD every time you want to work with a player.

Sponsored Links