Post New Thread

Old 4th Oct 2007, 2:32 am
Keen on MPx players

Default Re: Free Open-Source converter for RockChip MPEG4 (XVID) pla

New version of viDrop available! - 0.51

Fixed some, bugs, added new ones...
A lot of GUI improvements
- added Picture properties control - gamma/brightness/contrast/saturation
- auto update function (download updates from internet)
- encode only selected time interval
- rip DVDs. Note: to rip a DVD you must enter your DVD drive letter in the "Advanced Settings" -> "DVD", and then in "Main settings" -> "Input A/V File" enter "dvd://" (without quotes) and press ENTER. Then convert as usual. For now there are no extended DVD options - no language/subtitle select etc... Maybe in the next version.

If you want to rotate the the picture add "-vf-add rotate=2" in "Advanced settings" -> "Extra mencoder parameters". This will rotate counterclockwise. Add "-vf-add rotate=1" to rotate clockwise.

here are screenhots:
Click the image to open in full size.

And here is the download link: http://users2.titanichost.com/lokste...51-install.exe (7.7 MB)

@jp - a little delayed answer to your questions - maybe you can increase the volume by checking the "Normalize" option in "Advances settings" -> "Audio".

Quote:
A couple of things I've noticed. Will convert flv files but must manually change extension to .avi and sometimes aspect is not 320x240 but could be 320x242 or 318x240. These won't play on my rockchip but if run them through AVIConverter will correct to 320x240 which will play.
1. now the output file extension is allways .avi
2. make sure you allways select the Pan&Scan option in "Advanced settings" -> "Resize method"
Old 4th Oct 2007, 6:56 pm

hello lokster

i dont know how to use this...

can you show me how?
Old 5th Oct 2007, 4:51 am
Keen on MPx players

1. Make sure that your player CAN play AVI files with XVID video and MP2 or MP3 audio. If it can't - this software is not for you.

2. Check the screen resolution of your player, and set the program to use this resolution in the "Advanced settings" in "Video" - Width and Height (this setting is MANDRATORY. You MUST set the proper resolution, otherwise you will get "File format error" when trying to play the file on your player). Set the proper Audio codec - mp2 or mp3. For the rockchip players it's mp2. This setting will also cause "File format error" if incorrect.

3. Go back to "Main settings". In "Input A/V file" enter the filename of the video you want to convert and press enter (OR drag&drop the file from windows explorer to the green input box OR press the "..." button and select the file).

4. If the video is some RIP-ed movie, you can embet subtitles directly in the picture, so you can see them on your player. If the subtitle file has the same filename as the input A/V file, they are automatically detected and opened. Otherwise - you must select them by pressing the "..." button in "Input subtitle".

5. Select the output file - this is the file that will be created, and will be playable on your player. By default it is created in the same directory as the input a/v file, only it has the "_converted.avi" suffix.

Basically, that's all. Hit "Convert" button in "Current file". And wait...

If you want the output file to be smaller, you can lower the video and/or audio bitrate.
For 320x240 videos, video bitrate below 200 is stupid, and over 500 - maybe too high to be played smoothly on our cheap chinese players. The default value of 300 is very good for most purposes.
Old 5th Oct 2007, 10:17 pm
Keen on MPx players

lokster: Thanks for the program update and revisions. They will be very useful.

Volume during processing can be increased by adding the following into the extra mencoder parameters box in the advanced setting section:

-af volnorm=2:0.7

I'm not sure if this corresponds to the Normalize function that you've already included.
Old 8th Oct 2007, 7:16 am
Keen on MPx players

In my Volume normalization I use only -af volnorm
Adding -af volnorm=2:0.7 to the additional parameters will override it. I think that this will do the trick. (I have to check the mencoder manual...)
Old 8th Oct 2007, 9:32 am
Keen on MPx players

lokster:

-af volnorm=2:0.7 ... I often replace the 7 with 5 so less distortion...but can use 7...default is 0.25 I believe... so I use...

-af volnorm=2:0.5

MediaCoder which is based on mencoder and ffdshow has a dB setting that can be adjusted progressively like your other settings...I wonder if it is possible to incorporate this in your program? The only other adjustment that I use that I don't think you've included is a sharpness adjustment but this may not be possible?

Thanks so much for all your efforts !!! Your program is what I use preferrably. Great job !!! The FLV files seem to be converting at 320x240 consistently now.
Old 11th Oct 2007, 1:14 am
Keen on MPx players

In the next version of viDrop (which is on its way...) there will be options for setiing sharpness and amount of volume normalization.
I just need some time to add these features.
Sponsored Links
Old 11th Oct 2007, 1:39 pm

Hello, I wanted to say that I love this converter, a lot easier to use than the avi converter, but I'm having trouble converting some mp4 videos. For some reason the sides of the videos get cropped, but I'm using the same settings that I use on other videos and they work fine.

The only thing that I can think of that would cause this is the fact that the videos have more of a wide screen format. Is there a setting that would fix this?
Old 14th Oct 2007, 9:16 am
Keen on MPx players

Yes, there is. In "Advanced settings", in "Resize method" select "add borders". This way, if the movie's aspect ratio is different than the aspect of your player, the movie won't get cropped, but resized proportionally to the specified width, and then expanded vertically with black borders, so it's height is equal to the specified height. Here is an example of the three resize methods:

Pan&Scan:

Keep aspect:

Add borders:

For our RockChip based players, "Keep aspect" does not work, because the movie resolution must be equal to the player resolution.

(these screenshots are from Transformers too )
Old 16th Oct 2007, 12:45 am

Thank you! It works perfectly now.

Sponsored Links