myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > General Discussion

PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on eBay&
Post New Thread

Old 21st Dec 2008, 10:59 pm

Default Re: PETITION "Stop this Multi-Million Dollar Fraud on e

Just signed the petition. My player arrived by US Postal Service, so I am considering submitting the case to the Postal Inspector. Additionally, the seller misstated facts on the customs manifest, so I am considering a complaint to US Customs. Has anyone else tried these avenues? If so, any success?
Old 10th Mar 2009, 9:26 pm

I signed it. Thank you!
Old 23rd Mar 2009, 8:21 pm

makd511:
"of course i complained to EBay (no response!!) and raised a claim with paypal.
my good news is that i WON!! wohooo!!!
Yes paypal found in my favor of me..."

WOW, you must be the first on the planet to be acknowledged by paypal to even exist other than for purpose of extracting money from you. They are not subject to any rules and not answerable to any authority.

Ebay just don't care as long as they are getting their cut. Oh, and they also own paypal. What a surprise.
Old 28th May 2009, 4:16 pm

i bought 2 x 8 GB Touch players from a seller by the name of MERCIFLY,
http://myworld.ebay.ca/mercifly
the players were in fact hacked and both were 4 GB.Told me he would refund but got nothing, filed dispute with paypal and its still unresolved.
Old 25th Sep 2009, 5:32 am

Default First post.

Hello everyone, new to this forum, but I've also recently been scammed on a 16GB player! I got it from eBay seller andy-wjm in Hong Kong. Turns out to be only 2GB. Player has of course been hacked to appear to be 16GB. I paid 25 Euro plus 8.99 Euro postage. After I first contacted him about it, he told me that I may have a virus in the player and I should format the player. I told him that I had already done that several times, and I had come to the conclusion that the player was only 2GB. I said I would report him to eBay and PayPal. I eventually got a 15 Euro refund out of him. I thought a refund the best solution. But I am still not happy, as I wanted a 16GB player. I really don't know who I can trust to sell a player with the stated memory!

So what ever you do, do not buy a player from andy-wjm.Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Radio_Daze; 25th Sep 2009 at 5:35 am.
Old 19th Nov 2009, 9:57 pm

I now am the proud owner of 2 dead mp3 players bought on Ebay. And glad to say I got all my money back thru Paypal.

Warning to everyone: Do not buy ANY of the 32GB players being sold on Ebay! They are all hacked, and will likely break within days of use. How these dealers get away with such scams I don't know.
Use Paypal and file a complaint promptly, you have a better chance of getting a refund

Sponsored Links