myMPX
Advertisement

hacked "4, 8Gb" player
Post New Thread

Old 19th Jul 2006, 7:28 am

Default Re: hacked "4, 8Gb" player

I got the 8GB player so it should actually be 1GB right? But after formatting it, I ended up having a 233MB player, meaning it is actually a "2GB" player labelled as 8GB. Double con at one time. Luckily its a gift heheh
Old 19th Jul 2006, 7:36 am
Valued Member

I reckon if enough of you start hammering eBay some traders may start to feel the pinch.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Old 19th Jul 2006, 2:48 pm

I emailed mediabsolute (they sell 4gb players on ebay) asking if they could email me a screenshot or something that proves the players are 4gb and asking why there are negative coments saying the players are hacked. This is the response:

''the 4GB player is made by 2 x 2GB sometime one of them corrupt but not often''

Doesn't really help, but I won't be buying one from them.
Old 20th Jul 2006, 6:23 am
Don

Hi folks,
Was recommended this post by someone else who got ripped off.
Have fallen victim to the same as many - bought a 4GB player, cost 55 (majority of cost was postage). The player corrupts very quickly.
I have contacted the seller several times and had no reply. I am now starting a dispute on this.

The text of my dispute is below. Please read and offer comments, hopefully if we work together we can get a watertight complaint text for people to use in the future.

Complaint text for PayPal dispute:

"I paid for this mp3 player which arrived promptly.

However the player has a 2Gb storage capacity, not 4gb as advertised. It has been hacked.

I contacted you twice by 'Messages' and asked for your help, but you have not responded, despite claiming to have done so in your feedback.

Please refund 20 of the purchase price of 50 to reflect the true value of this product."
Old 26th Jul 2006, 3:23 am

Default Deep Sh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzer001";p=&quot View Post
Paulm64: Do not buy from that site, its full of crap.

I just find a site like that funny, i really wonder how many people buy stuff like that.

Its just like on eBay a lot of people are selling just junk, selling for dirt cheap, i think they're getting away with it as many people never fully load their player, i mean i only have about 300mb worth of songs on my 1GB player, so many people probably don't know they have a hacked player and it'll only be a month or more when they do try to use the max memory and see that somethings wrong, and by that time the seller can just say its passed the time allowed for returns and that the buyer has to deal with the manufacturer to get it changed....which i can tell you from experience, you'll get more of a response by banging your head on the wall.

Becareful, look carefully, know that right now 2GB is the max memory and if the deal sounds too good, it probably is.
Everything looks obvious when you know what to look for.. when you don't you pay the price to get that knowledge

I actually bought several mp3/4 from this site for resale and thought the 2,5" was a typo as they're really 1.5" lcd wich I expected, prices made sense also as those are prices for 100 MOQ and are about 20% lower than ebay's best prices unit prices is similar than Ebay's,

what I didn't expect is that in fact they are hacked memory, interesting thought is that the Bit/byte math does not even apply here as either the 1 GBs and 2GBs are actually 128MB (108MB usable) and the 8GBs are actually 512MB ?? didn't get any 4gb

what had encouraged me to buy with this site is the fact that they accept scrow wich 99.99% of the scammers don't.. so I'm not blaming the seller by now, I had 25 hours to inspect the merchandise before accept it so what I did was ramdonly chose about 5 of each items and download some 200 mb worth of stuff then after a quick navigation trough those files everything seemed fine so I just deleted them and start selling,

I had a few DOA wich was promptly replaced by them with no haslle then about 1 month later "boom" buyers start complaining, and I started to look for answers. sadly we just find sites like this one when is too late
been trying to contact them unsuccesfully since yesterday, if I can't contact them by the end of the week I will be looking for a lawier specialized in consumer rights next week

Can you Guys give me tips on legal advice
Old 27th Jul 2006, 9:18 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve ire";p=&quot View Post
...i bought one from ebay member lcdguard and it was also hacked... i'm starting a claim through ebay ... it's going to be a hard battle
hi steve.. i just bought from the same member, the night before i found this site :roll:
i've been told the item's been despatched, but i emailed anyway asking if it was a true 2 x 2gb.
still waiting for delivery, but want to ask you, how did you check the unit/ what did you find you ended up with 512MB? 2GB?/ how's the ebay dispute going?
good luck, to all of us
Old 27th Jul 2006, 11:05 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcek";p=&quot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve ire";p=&quot View Post
...i bought one from ebay member lcdguard and it was also hacked... i'm starting a claim through ebay ... it's going to be a hard battle
hi steve.. i just bought from the same member, the night before i found this site :roll:
i've been told the item's been despatched, but i emailed anyway asking if it was a true 2 x 2gb.
still waiting for delivery, but want to ask you, how did you check the unit/ what did you find you ended up with 512MB? 2GB?/ how's the ebay dispute going?
good luck, to all of us
Well the plot thickens! I also purchased a 4gb mp4 player from lcdguard on ebay,seemed ok at first,put a few songs on it and a couple of converted films and all was good.
So made the mistake of leaving some good feedback for him.
Next day we added some more mp3`s then strangely some of the mp3`s that played fine the day before would not play and mp4 turned itself off,not just one bad track but alot,also they woundnt even play through windows explorer,so removed everything and stuck a few songs back on and all was well again,added a few films and all worked fine again,then added some more mp3`s - guess what? turned itself off and data corrupt again.Was really cheesed off by now so did some searching and found this place and many other sites/posts about the fake 4gb players.
Have filed with paypal for an item being supplied thats not what it claims and i want my money back for the missing memory i paid for and never received. I think the reason people dont notice at first is because it takes a hell of alot of mp3`s loaded to get to the point where problems occur and alot of people do not fill it right up when they first get it. :x
Sponsored Links
Old 28th Jul 2006, 12:07 pm

well, got the unit today, and i first made a firmware backup.

then i used the mp3 player disk tool.

the first tab info told me there was 4gb, fat32, but the encrypt tab told me the capacity was 2gb which i trusted more.

it has 2 pre-loaded songs.
it's also a portable drive, so i transferred 3 divx films, then some mp3s.

and guess what, it couldnt find any of my mp3s to play.
i deleted the films, and now it can only find the first pre-loaded song, but switches off. so, that was my quick memory test.
i've just taken the cover off, and yes, only one samsung k9wag08u1a
pcb0 chip.

i've given the seller some time to reply to my email, requesting 50% refund, then will go through the PayPal process. was flagged as paypal protection, so let's see what happens. :roll:

btw, very nice player, clean unbranded cover.
and thanks for the s/w and advice guys 8)
Old 31st Jul 2006, 6:02 pm

i got my mp4 4gb off mediaabosolute off of ebay and turned out it was a hacked 4gb and was only 2 gb i got a 10pound return from 50pounds for the thing so only cost me 40 for the 2gb player but ah well 2gb isn't that bad and for only 40quid i shouldn't complain. it's better than getting an actual nano as i have gotten a headphone jack and can listen with 3.5 headphones now instead. and the 2gb nano is over 100quid in my local stores. so i'm happy with 2gb.
Old 2nd Aug 2006, 2:49 pm

Oh oh, I just bought one off Ebay, the 4gb from lcdguard, and payed directly with paypal. Mailed him right after I found this forum, to check the player for real 4gigabytes, as he advertises with 4 GB (capital letters= gigabyte). He can hold the pos and refund me rightaway and save me the shipping cost. What a scam, playing on a small refund, and selling a 512MB player, no way!!!
And I believed his feedback where he stated that 4gigs where 2 gigs due to delivery problems, on earlier sales, I wonder if those 2 gigs where really 2 gigs at all.

Sponsored Links