myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Bad sellers/Blacklist

Hacked memory = Defective?
Post New Thread

Old 1st Dec 2010, 12:23 pm

Default Hacked memory = Defective?

Hi,

First, i just bought an mp4 player through Ebay and it was supposed to be 16gb but it's in reality 2gb. I write to the seller and he told me : It's a defective unit, send it back to me for a refund.

But the funny part is that the shipping price with a tracking number is twice the price of the unit.

When i plug the player to my computer it says that de capacity is 16gb, a flush 16gb ... no more no less. That's realy strange and i alway get problem when i copy more thant 1.8 go to it.

My question his, is there any chance that i can show to paypal that the product was clearly hacked and the seller is not honnest at all? Because its for sure. Did somebody ever get refunded without having to send the product back?

Thank's in advance.
Old 1st Dec 2010, 4:13 pm
Administrator
Admin

File a dispute with PayPal.

Start with asking for a FULL REFUND.

In the past, a lot of members have been able to settle on PARTIAL refund for the player and that partial refund reduced the price of the player to a very low price.

Just search the forum and you'll find a lot of posts from other members and how they did it to get their refund. I would look at those and follow their steps and get a partial refund.

It makes it uneconomical for you to send back the player and you should definitely NOT pay for sending it back that's for sure because it's not your fault (!).

Hope that helps and update us on how you get on.

All the best.

Old 1st Dec 2010, 11:18 pm

Hi,

Thank's for your fast answers! i'm a little bit scare to ask a full refund because the first time asked for a refund it was for a cooling pad. When i asked for a full refund he accepted, very quick... and the paypal dispute state as changed to "Wait for a tracking number or a proof of shipping". So paypal was waiting for me to ship the cooling pad back to china... a crazy idea. It was the only things i was able to do. Finaly the dispute closed after the end of the date and i never get my money back.

Have you tried this yourself, is it different if i can show to paypal that the seller is clearly a rubber ?
Old 6th Dec 2010, 11:50 am

Sorry to keep asking but i'm not sure what to do. If i ask for a full refund and he accept but he ask me to ship the player back to him, is there a way to talk to paypal member and tell them that this seller is not honnest because he know that he sold hacked memory?
Old 6th Dec 2010, 6:46 pm
Administrator
Admin

I personally don't think you should pay for the shipping of the product back to the seller as it's NOT your fault.
They should pay for the shipping if they want the player back.

If you search the forum, you will see other members have done this in the past and have success.
I myself haven't done it, but I would definitely pressure the seller and PayPal about it.
You shouldn't need to pay for anything because it's the SELLER'S FAULT and their wrong doing so why should you have to be faced with the expense?

Old 7th Dec 2010, 5:18 am

Hiya!! I'm in the same boat,... I bought 2 () of these, from different Ebay sellers,.. said to be 16Gb, but only 1.8Gb.
Cant get it to reformat, but it will only take 1.8Gb of data. I emailed both suppliers, they both offered full refunds, if I posted them back to China,.... and they both are the same Guy, & address!!!
He says they were sent 'by mistake', must be an error in the shipping department. I have told him they are both hacked, not mistakes, and, I sent him my money first for the sale, I want my money back before I will return, or I will start Paypal dispute procedures pronto!!!!! I will let you know how this develops..
Just in case, by some fluke yours is the same con artist, this is his address......

26D , XiaoFengGe, YunFengHuaYuan
29 .Youyi Road ,
LuoHu ,
ShenZhen
China

Oh, and the units are the 16Gb MP4 /camera units, as per Rippers pics , looks like he got the same one...

Cheers, Fred

Last edited by comp; 7th Dec 2010 at 5:20 am. Reason: additional data
Old 7th Dec 2010, 1:00 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo285 View Post
Hi,

First, i just bought an mp4 player through Ebay and it was supposed to be 16gb but it's in reality 2gb. I write to the seller and he told me : It's a defective unit, send it back to me for a refund.

But the funny part is that the shipping price with a tracking number is twice the price of the unit.

When i plug the player to my computer it says that de capacity is 16gb, a flush 16gb ... no more no less. That's realy strange and i alway get problem when i copy more thant 1.8 go to it.

My question his, is there any chance that i can show to paypal that the product was clearly hacked and the seller is not honnest at all? Because its for sure. Did somebody ever get refunded without having to send the product back?

Thank's in advance.

Oh, by the way,.. if you check on the sellers Profile on Ebay, you can see who has bought other units off him, if he has sold any.... you could then e-mail them through EBay, and link them to this site, so they can check if they have been ripped off as well!!! most people who have bought 'hacked' units probably dont realise, and when they pack up, just bin em..... If they are told, and they all complain to the seller, and Ebay, we might get somewhere!!!

Cheers, Fred
Sponsored Links
Old 7th Dec 2010, 4:29 pm

Thank's for the addition to my post

I hope you will get your money back. I actually don't have time to try to unhack my player because i'm in exam session but i will do as soon as possible to check if the player can survive to a unhacking.

But after some hour of searching on the internet ... (I know i sould be studying) i found what i can tell is the "Super ultimate Jesus Christ solution". Just follow this link it is well explained.

To sum up this sound like paypal made a special law about countherfeit items that can be applied to hacked player... But the negative point is that you will have to destroy the player if paypal ask you to do.

The holy link:

PayPal Refunds ? Counterfeit Items Policy Change Nov 01 2010. What Does This Mean For Fake Flash Memory? MP Players, USB Flash Drives, Memory Cards? Hacked Memory*Awareness*Growing. SOSFakeFlash

I hope this can help you! Let me know what you think

Greeting from Québec (Snowing alot right now (i love snow))
Quebec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12th Dec 2010, 1:34 am

Hiya!! Quick update, having emailed the seller a couple of times, linked him to the Holy link, and stamped my foot a bit (), he has refunded me in full!!! He did ask me to return the units by tracked mail,.... I told him I will return them same way as I got them, standard post, if he dont get them back, tough!!! I will stand the overland shipping, at least I got my cash back,......

Now, what do I do about his EBay feedback, {which I haven't Posted, yet???}

Cheers, Fred
Old 12th Dec 2010, 6:28 pm

hi! i'm happy to know that you solved your problem with that link. I will try it as soon as possible to make sure i'm in the paypal delay.

In my opinion, you shouldn't send him back the player because he will for sure sell it back to another person. Plus, i don't know where you're from but in canada and usa, i don't think that posting something that is counterfeit and that you know that its counterfeit is legal.

Also in my opinion, you shouldn't give him a negative feedback with the term "hacked memory" in. So all the others buyer will know that he is a bad seller.

Sponsored Links