myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Dead Players

Mediacom Jukebox 180 Clip w/ Actions AK2117 Chipset
Post New Thread

Old 27th Mar 2012, 11:41 am

Default Mediacom Jukebox 180 Clip w/ Actions AK2117 Chipset

Hi everyone.

Few days ago, I buid a new mp4 reader Mediacom Jukebox 180 Clip.
It seemed to work fine, but yesterday, after beeing recharged from the USB car adapter, once I connected it to my PC, the reader keeps showing a hourglass on black screen.
I tried to reset it by the left side reset button but it didn't work: I still get the same screen.
When I connect to PC, it recognizes a Actions USB 2.0 (HS) WinUSB device.
The player can't get recovery mode and when I try to run its own upgrade software, this one just crashes and close itself without doing anything.
Mediacom website (Mediacom - Home Page) hasn't any support software and/or driver at all for this device model. I even can't get elsewhere any kind of firmware (original or alternative) for it.
So I tried to operate the procedure reported on this site for dead players, but I just obtained to make recognize the unit by my PC (earlier it didn't recognize no devices at all) in the way I reported: Actions USB 2.0 WinUSB device. It doesn't appear as a storage unit, even with flash memory (mini SD) inserted in its slot.
I just would try to recover its firmware or install a new one if possible, according with the chip type (Actions AK 2117).
Can someone give me a help?

PS: I lost some package parts, so I can't bring the player back to the store. I just would to recover it if possible and f**k off warranties...

Thank you for your attention and sorry for my English...

Ruben (Italy)

Last edited by frindel81; 27th Mar 2012 at 11:43 am.
Old 5th Apr 2012, 6:51 am

Nobody can help me?

Sponsored Links