myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > General Discussion

Most MP3 player sold on ebay maybe FAKES
Post New Thread

Old 24th May 2008, 2:10 pm

Default Most MP3 player sold on ebay maybe FAKES

Hi guys out there
I have done a investigation on MP3 Players sold through ebay sellers. This was really a adventure. NOW the players are not only hacked, the new scam method is to build in the player FAKE brand chips. The advertisement is for example Samsung chip and radio chip Philips inside but reality is brutal if you open the player the brand is build on the chips including the digits on top of the chips. But this is NOT a original HYNIX/SAMSUNG or even a action CHIP it is all rubbish material FAKE Chinese plagiary. Like Nike or anything else. That is the reason why we have so often problems with firmware crashing. The firmware is maybe working right, but the chips are trash material and not more. So the Chinese can make FAKE SMD and put Original electronic brands on top. My suggestion don,,t buy any MP3 player on ebay anymore sooner or later the bargain can become a nightmare. Even Chinese brands like ACTION/electronic are a FAKE. If you see the ACTION chip 7515 inside a player it is often a trash rubbish FAKE SMD from other Chinese. what a betray. On top of this betray the chinese use simple software to manipulate the capacity of the chips. Just one mouse click on the soft and the wished memory capacity appears in winXP if you plug to usb. It was amazing for me to see the Software working. The soft can manipulate any chip that is sold on the market. The soft write the FAKE capacity in the bios.
Even if you copy MP3 files on your beloved Player the names and file capacity will be shown on the player to you but there are no data in the player. If you look to WinXP it shows the right capacity. If you want Play your loved songs in your MP3 player a error will appear.

Now you understand maybe a little more the problems that we have with this rubbish MP Players. Here a example for brand misuse.

Thanks, hopefully it helps you.

Action@7515

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 24th May 2008, 4:01 pm

how are we find out if the chip is fake or not?
Old 24th May 2008, 11:37 pm
Administrator
Admin

Thanks for mentioning this.

I suspected that sooner or later that this type of scam will happen. It was just a matter of time. If they can hack the firmware to show more capacity when it physically doesn't, it was a matter of time that they will put fake writing on the chips as well.

But now to see that they are 'copying' the Actions, that's getting pretty indepth now.

Do you have more photos to add to your original post action@7515? What does the player look like when you turn it on? Does it crash often etc....?

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

Old 25th May 2008, 1:59 am

Default Re: Most MP3 player sold on ebay maybe FAKES

O.K
here are more pictures I explain. The first is a so called radio Chip from Philips a good brand. The original has a LOGO from philips on the top. Here is no logo but the digits are stolen. have a look.

The second one is a AK chip you see the digits are manipulated

The next one is a ACTION chip a chinese brand have a look on the logo.

Here are the website
Action chinese manufacturer for chips SMD

This is a DYNET chip third choice commodity.

Have a look on the HYNIX chip left side do you think this is first commodity? It is maybe 3 ore 4 choice product from the gray china chip market.

Here are a Samsung twin have a look on the deleted digits on the top down below. And the left side from the chip the material is broken. Do you think samsung wouls sell such a quality?

Here are a original radiochip from philips with this quality you have much more radio quality.

Sometimes you buy a FAKE from a FAKE from a FAKE from a FAKE so you have maybe a 5 or 6 Fake generation.
Have a look and opinion for your self. I have made my conclusions on this topic. So there is no bargain outhere. Nobody has something for free or a gift for us. Everbody wants our MONEY to rip us off. That is the reality behind flattery or promises or whatever. I have spoken with Samsung manager there is no interest to STOP this gray market for SMD Chip.

The investigation was for a journalist topic later a article about this is on the net. The issue for the investigation started with "How is the bargain with ASIA/Hong Kong Ebayseller. But the Investigation took slowly a different direction. We have bought a lot from the Hong Kong Ebayseller for our Investigation. The Sellers where all sellers with more then 98 % positive feedback. You see positive feedback is NO warranty for good quality or good products.
Old 25th May 2008, 3:40 am

Next one
here is a packing image from a original chinese manufacturer for MP3 Player
he promises of his wrappings that he uses Original Samsung Flash inside and a Original Philips radio chip. If he where honest it will be a USP to sell for him. But the reality is cruel he printed lies on his package. I bought one item to check he is telling the truth or not. Of course no surprise if we opened the MP3 Player there was NO original Samsung Chip inside and no Philips. What a pitty. You can look below:

The Chinese manufacturer is ASICO ind. ltd. here are the website

Asico MP3 Manufacturer China

He promises also High Speed USB do you know what was inside? Snail speed nothing more then that. 333-1000 KB
What kind of mind must have this people. Only to make money to give such untrue promises? Have a look on the promised USB speed on there package.

Even the info for us customer on the package is a lie. With that even the sellers are dazzled.
No seller can open each unit to look what kind of chip is inside.
Old 25th May 2008, 4:22 am

And here a first class quality chip from "VIA". Have a look @ the difference. It is amazing each nook and corner is quality. This is a chip used on pc boards. the soldering is quality. Not like this bogus MP3 player chinese manufacturer.

Sponsored Links