myMPX
Advertisement

Empty Disk! error
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th Feb 2007, 6:35 pm

Default Empty Disk! error

I'm having an issue similar to the one cody072891 had. I bought three mp3/mp4 players on Amazon and two of them work, no problem, but one is being... very stupid.

When I go into Music it says "Empty Disk!" According to my computer, there are almost 100+ songs on there. It's a 2 gb and only 38mb are recognized by my computer as free space. I know that can't be right because the other 2gb has about 1.2 gb of space left and there are more songs on that one than there are on the one with the issues.

It registers with the G drive when I attach the usb but when I open the G drive folder, I can't access the files. The player looks like this.. http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/85/34/fff1_1.JPG. [The hyperlink won't work.] Exactly like that, same color and all.

My sister added music to it using Windows Media Player's sync tool. Before it stopped working she added songs to it (first time) then removed them and tried to add more but stopped it in the middle of the sync due to a song not being on there. After that she tried to add music to it again about twice more but it didn't work. That's when the "Empty Disk!" message began coming up.

In the Setup area under "firmware version," it says:
mp3 player
lsd_9101_20
2006-10-21
2005-01-09
Under "memory info" in the Setup area, it is says:
2015 M
66%

Help... please?

There's also a black 1gb that I can't add music to. I'm having the same issue as the one before.. can't access the files when I plug it into the computer (G Drive). All the information is the same.....
Old 25th Feb 2007, 7:55 pm
MPx Junkie

I ran into the same problem a short while ago with a friends mp4 player. According to her, she also used Windows Media Player sync. it sounds like the failed file transfer has corrupted the memory somehow. Heres what i did to set it right.

First try to format the device with the Mp3 utilities program. If that fails, right click on the device in My Computer, go to Properties > Tools and select Check Disk. After checkdisk has run ( it may take a few minutes) then try reformatting. The Mp3 player Disk Utility was very stubborn during the process and refused to format even after a disk check, so i had to format it with Windows XP. Afterwards everything was back to normal. Let us know how it goes.
Old 4th Mar 2007, 7:02 pm

Default Re: Empty Disk! error

I can't do that... It says "Windows was unable to complete the disk check." On the player itself, there is no way to format it.
Old 4th Mar 2007, 7:27 pm
Valued Member

Cammykins , try formatting using MP3 Utilities Disk Tool. Then ensure that the Slider under the Partition & Encrypt tab is all the way to the left, then click on Start.

Your player's memory might be partitioned, causing all these errors.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Old 4th Mar 2007, 7:30 pm
MPx Junkie

The Mp3 Player utility isn't on the player.. its a program on the mini cd included with your player. Install the program onto windows and go to Start > Programs> Mp3 Player Utilties > Mp3 Player Disk Tool
Old 5th Mar 2007, 11:51 am

_Odyssey... there was no disk like that. I bought it on Amazon only to discover when I got it that it was on OEM.. I wondered about where there was no sort of label or company name on them. When I contacted the person who they were bought from, that's what they said. There was only a 5 or so page book telling you how to use to use the features.

Lattesurf.. I googled "MP3 Utilities Disk Tool" and I can't find anything by the name. >.<;; Am I missing something?
Old 5th Mar 2007, 12:00 pm

http://www.mympxplayer.org/amv-conve...6mb-df468.html
Try This link and install the program and run the MP3 Player Disk Manager And format the disk.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th Mar 2007, 7:53 pm

Thanks joecool, I'll try that.

Sponsored Links