myMPX
Advertisement

mp4 virus problems
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th May 2007, 6:40 pm

Default mp4 virus problems

hi guys,

got bit of a problem here. recently bought some ipod lookalike mp4 1G players as gifts and upon connecting to computer, antivirus went crazy with virus warnings. i procceded to delete the virus, however computer got infected shortly after.

name of the virus is tel.xls.exe
icon is that of an .xls file from m$

which is activated by autorun file. i checked and found that those files were indeed from the player.

this virus problem has happened before when the ipod virus managed somehow to get onto a flash disk of a family member. that time, clicking on the icon in my computer didnt open up the flash disk but instead a box opened which asked for the user to choose a program with which to open the flash disk.

this problem was fixed simply by reformatting the flash drive.

and now back to the mp4. i have already managed to clean up the computer but now i have the same problem, the box comes up asking for user to choose a program to access the mp4 player. however the player can still be accessed by right clicking on its icon at my computer and selecting open or explore(as was with the flash disk too).

i am confused as to why this occurs. after my computer got infected and the viruses were cleaned off, the same thing happened: i couldnt access C: icon at my computer by double clicking, instead had to right click, and choose open or explore. it was solved by a system restore.

therefore is there anyway to fix the mp4 player short of reformatting? and i assume the other mp4 players have the same autorun file and virus.(already checked two, got a few more)would deactivating autorun on all drives fix stop the file from running when the mp4 is connected to computer?

any suggestions or ideas will be very welcome.

good day and thanks!
Old 17th May 2007, 7:01 pm
Valued Member

yaoi , if you suspect that all the remaining players have the virus and would execute on autorun, i'll suggest that you disable the autorun for your removable drives. This way nothing would be autorun and executed when you plug in the other players and you can format it to clear the virus.

T39 doesn''t sound as good as my T29
Old 29th Jun 2007, 12:29 am

Default Re: mp4 virus problems

virus that's bad... i have a solution for you..

ok lets say when you right click on your player icon and there's a autorun option well that's certainly a virus its a trojan..

heres what you have to do... open your control panel.. click on view tab.. then click on show hidden files and check on the show system files " check those two checkbox
then go to run and type in your player drive name: example: "H:" then hit enter. your player window will popup.. then delete all the hidden files you see
if you cant delete the hidden files.. right click on your task bar and open task manager.. then go to process and look for wnscrpt.exe and hit end process button.. then ok.. now go back to your player window and delete the file you were unable to delete..

when done.. remove you player then plug it in again... your player should be ok then there should be no autorun and the virus is gone>> ^_^<< hope i help you

msg me in YM if you have any question "vijaemanlapaz"
Old 20th Jul 2010, 4:37 am

Default Kaspersky

My advice for you if your computer has been infected with viruses is that you should install Kaspersky anti-virus, scan your Pc and then clean it. To my mind this is the best anti-virus, I use it too so I know what I'm talking about.
Old 25th Sep 2010, 11:17 pm

disable the autorun feature for your flash disk.

Sponsored Links