myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Support and How To

Coby MTV and MTV Video Converter
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th Mar 2008, 6:48 am

Default Coby MTV and MTV Video Converter

I got a Coby MP-C7085 player for my daughter. It is a piece of ****. I finally got it to play videos after 3 days. Here's how. It needs MTV files in 160x128 format. The only way to get these is with the converter supplied with it - MTV Video Converter 1.12.11.3. None of the tools on this site (mp3 player utilities, mtv convert tool, amv convert tool etc etc) produced anything it would play. This might be because nothing else has a 160x128 setting. Or maybe because MTV is not a standard, just a name given to a collection of proprietary file formats. I wanted to put flash videos from Youtube on the player. First I needed to convert into something the Converter would accept. I used Cocoon's quick Media Converter Beta version 3.4.8. I believe this is a GUI for ffmpeg and other ffmpeg GUIs would do the same job if you knew the settings to use. Or just ffmpeg itself if you are a software engineer - I am not and can't cope without at least some basic instructions. ffplay has an mtv decoder so Cocoon's programme also lets you peek at the mtv file on the pc. Other applications of ffplay would too. I don't think ffmpeg/ffplay will encode though. Then I had problems with the MTV Converter. wmv files just crash it. mov files came out with no sound. I got mpg, mpeg4 and avi files to work. 3gp didn't. I didn't try the others it claims to work with. The converter works from a reboot but then if you load a file in, often in crashes when you load another file. Using a tool called regshot, I found that a registry entry (in XP) needed deleting to avoid this. It was HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-572598260-2891245555-755471578-1005\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\ActiveMovie. This saves having to do the reboot each time. The PC needs to be loaded with all the right codecs for the converter to work. I used ffdshow but other packages may work. Then I got my mtv file. It needs to go in the movie directory. You need to toggle the player's settings to the right USB mode before hooking up to the PC in order to find this. When playing, it seems you need to switch off to move between video and music modes.

I only looked into all this because it was my daughter's. I should have thrown it in the bin and bought an Ipod. Like I said, it's a piece of ****. Anyway, maybe someone with the same problems will do a google and find these answers. Good luck!
Old 14th Mar 2008, 8:18 pm
I love my MPx player

Try to download
http://rapidshare.com/files/99543860...3_3.06_MTV.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/99543861/mtv_3.11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/99543862/MTV3.15.rar
Old 14th Mar 2008, 8:21 pm
I love my MPx player

some player plays AMV movie, whether MTV menu in players function.
Old 15th Mar 2008, 5:29 am

Default Re: Coby MTV and MTV Video Converter

These are all versions of "mp3 player utilities" with its "mtv convert tool" or "amv convert tool". I tried them all. They do not have the option to produce 160x128 resolution. They do not produce output that the Coby player will recognise. The only way I have found to do it is as described in my initial post. Thanks all the same.
Old 13th Dec 2008, 2:25 am
Administrator
Admin

Thanks andrewjameshoward for sharing this with us all.

Another member has mentioned about another MTV Converter in this post here as well --> There are TWO (2) Different MTV formats!.

Is this the same as what you have?

Are you able to upload the MTV Converter you have so others can download it in case they don't have it on their CD or lost it?

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

5% Discount Coupon from Tinydeal here.

Old 13th Dec 2008, 5:37 am
Valued Member

MTV players are either ALi chipset or (very old) Actions chipset.

It's an uncompressed format.
Old 13th Dec 2008, 7:26 am

Yes I would be happy to upload it if you tell me how. Or give me an email and I'll send it to you so you can. It's about 3MB.
Sponsored Links
Old 13th Dec 2008, 1:11 pm
Administrator
Admin

You can upload it to the site by clicking on the [Downloads] link on the left hand side, then "Uploads by Members" section in there. Here is the direct link: Uploads by Members.

In there, click on the Click the image to open in full size. button at the top.

Hope that helps.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

5% Discount Coupon from Tinydeal here.

Old 14th Dec 2008, 2:58 am

All done

Sponsored Links