myMPX
Advertisement

.bin file questions.
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th Aug 2008, 10:33 pm

Default .bin file questions.

this is a general question for you..

while surfing around my mp4 player I noticed there is a dir called PIOCESS and in that dir is a .bin file. I am assuming that this is the "OS" for lack of a better term. if I delete that file, can I simply put a copy of the same file back in that same dir?

and.. if I were to delete that .bin can I power down the player and then re connect it to my computer and be able to see the remaining files and dir's on the player? in other words does the bin file have anything to do with the usb communications ? i am assuming it doesnt but wanted to check with you guys to be sure.

i know i know, i really shouldnt be messing with all of this.. but im just not that kind of a person.

thanks for your time

Rontopia
Old 26th Aug 2008, 6:52 pm

hmm ok so maybe i should as this question.. what does the .bin file do?
Old 27th Aug 2008, 1:21 am
Valued Member

the OS is usually not visible on the player, its hidden, if this were the case then indeed, delete it and its dead, i am not sure at all why you have that folder

can you post pics and details of the player cheers
Old 27th Aug 2008, 9:51 am

Default Re: .bin file questions.

sorry yes.. its a nano clone. I dont know anything about whats actually inside the "box"

I know that some nano clones have a different menu that others. some have a "home screen" that looks like a real nano and some have a home screen that is... well ugly but it works.. actually if I had something bad to say about this one its the menu.. its not easy to get around. anyway mine is the none nano clone menu..

I have a few pics here.
http://picasaweb.google.com/rontopia/MyCheapMp3Player

the reason im asking is.. im just wanting to know if I mess up this bin file .. can I just copy my back up copy back to the proper dir and have my player back? of does this bin file serve the usb communications as well? if it does, and i mess up the file, I would not be able to talk to the player. My guess is that usb is all hardware but I wanted to know if anyone here knew for sure.
Old 27th Aug 2008, 3:19 pm
Valued Member

the player should not need to access the memory for any files that it needs to work

what is the name of this bin file

basically firmware is not visible and no working files for the functionalty will be visible in this way, but to be sure please state the name of the file, it may actualy be prt of some virus .... MAY BE so dont panic

Sponsored Links