Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Support and How To

MP3 player shows "no files" error
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th Feb 2012, 3:36 am

Default MP3 player shows "no files" error

My MP3 looks same as the photo below:
Click the image to open in full size.

I plugged the MP3 to my desktop. Then, I removed the original folders in the MP3 drive and then create my own folders. I put some MP3 there in the new folders. Now, the MP3 player always shows "no files" error message when I select the "Music" menu.

I tried to format the MP3 drive again with both FAT16 or FAT32, but doesn't work.

Anyone know the solution?

(Note: the FM radio and audio recording working fine. Firmware version is LD3188-STD-1.1 )
Old 20th Feb 2012, 1:10 am
Administrator
Admin

What if you just put the MP3 files in the ROOT of your player instead of putting them in the folders?
Try that because some players don't like MP3 songs in folders and can only read from the root of the drive.

Let me know.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

5% Discount Coupon from Tinydeal here.

Old 20th Feb 2012, 6:19 am

I tried to put some MP3 in the root folder but doesn't work.
Old 21st Feb 2012, 12:25 am
Administrator
Admin

Ok.
What if you create a folder called "Music" or try "Audio", put the MP3 songs into those folders and see if that works.
I've seen some older players requiring the files to be in those specifically named folders for it to pick up the songs. I think I still have one of those MP3/MP4 players but I need to find it firstly....

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

5% Discount Coupon from Tinydeal here.

Old 17th Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_lam View Post
My MP3 looks same as the photo below:

Anyone know the solution?

(Note: the FM radio and audio recording working fine. Firmware version is LD3188-STD-1.1 )

I hate to ask but you aren't one of those people who have never seen a command prompt are you? If so, copy the files using the copy command. List them using the dir command. Make sure you download various mp3 files from the internet and make sure they all play on the computer. If the file type is wrong (mp4, flack, etc) instead of mp3 the player won't see those files.

And in the meantime if anyone finds a better firmware than ld3188 std 1.1 please let me know. That's the real reason I'm posting here, to see if there is an upgrade.
Old 15th Oct 2012, 7:57 am

what media centre do you use your mp3 player with?
Old 27th Nov 2013, 10:36 pm

I thought I'd update my thread in case it's any help to anybody else. I finally encoded AMV that works at 160x120 16fps using 4videosoft amv converter, so I'm clever dad again (which I like), mind you I never got to the bottom of why the files from this site's converter don't play. Both types play in VLC, neither shows up in mediatab.
learnspanishonline http://www.learnspanishonline.me
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links