Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Video related

[solved] Error playing AMV converted with Convert Tool 4.0
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th May 2006, 3:40 am
Kunta

Default [solved] Error playing AMV converted with Convert Tool 4.0

Hi guys,
I have a 1GB nanoclone and it works smooth except the amv video playing feature.
It usally opens the file (that I made with MP3 utilities 4.00) then after a while of regular playing it gives me the format error alert and then alternatively hang or just stop playing it. After that the format error will go off more frequently and at random times.
I have been reading the forum so I've tried already upgrading the mediaplayer to 10, install the codec package but this is not part of my problem because the .amv file is correct (it works on the player on the pc). It's just a problem of my player (which I keep as empty as possible when I try to watch a video)

Thanks everybody for your help
Old 16th May 2006, 7:45 pm
I love my MPx player

Default Re: Nanoclone AMV format error problem

Kunta,

Format error generally means the file system on the player is corrupt. This has nothing to do w/ firmware BTW.
Simply reformat the player's file system w/ amvtools utility. If that doen't work, I have had great luck w/ HP flash format ut.

Download here:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

post your results so we all can learn....
(note: admin ---does this tool belong in downloads section ?? )

Iridium
Old 16th May 2006, 11:59 pm
Administrator
Admin

I agree.
Try formatting your player.
There's no need to update the firmware of your player.

If formatting still produces this problem, then there's probably a problem with the builtin internal flash memory.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

5% Discount Coupon from Tinydeal here.

Old 17th May 2006, 2:34 am
Administrator
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridium";p=&quot View Post
Kunta,

Format error generally means the file system on the player is corrupt. This has nothing to do w/ firmware BTW.
Simply reformat the player's file system w/ amvtools utility. If that doen't work, I have had great luck w/ HP flash format ut.

Download here:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

post your results so we all can learn....
(note: admin ---does this tool belong in downloads section ?? )

Iridium

Hey Iridium,

Great suggestion on this tool. I like how it gives you the ability to format in FAT instead. I've added the tool to the site now and given you credit for suggesting it too . Here is the link: http://www.mympxplayer.com/dload.php...le&file_id=127

Old 17th May 2006, 9:53 am
I love my MPx player

Binh,

Glad you like it. It is a great tool. Hope it helps others...

Thanks to google & HP !

Iridium
Old 19th May 2006, 10:25 am
lordgel

I have the same problem. I have a 256MB nanoclone and was reformated many times (FAT). I've observed .amv files with a huge MB gets the "format error" after being played for a couple of minutes or seconds. e.g. 90MB gets error but 4MB amv files plays well.

Please help.

Thanks
Old 19th May 2006, 1:21 pm
Administrator
Admin

lordgel

Interesting observation.
How long does your 90MB amv file play for before it 'errors' out? I would be interested to know and test it myself. I have a 200MB amv of the "Finding Nemo" movie which I might try to see if it happens on my player as well....

Sponsored Links
Old 19th May 2006, 3:23 pm
lordgel

Hi Binh,
For the 90MB amv file, it gets "format error" after around 2 minutes. To ensure there is no problem with the file (corrupted file), I've transferred the file back to my PC and played it in my PC but no problem was encountered. So this means the file on my nanoclone is not corrupted. I've tried this also with the other movies converting it via AMV convert tool but same problem is encountered. I've formated (by WinXP and HPUSBformat) and retried playing the AMV on my nanoclone for about 5 times now. I've even tried putting MP3 on my player maxing out the memory but all played ok. It seems that there is a problem with the player when it plays large AMV files.

I've not yet tried formating my player to FAT32 as it was suggested we use FAT16. Do you think this will help?

For testing my player, it will be great if you guys upload a large AMV file on this site. There may be a problem with the AMV convertion tool.

By the way, I bought my player at China expecting 2GB memory but after the format, the real memory showed up (256MB). I got faked like the many. Too bad I cant go back to China just for this so I'm just making this player useful.

Thanks,
lordgel
Old 19th May 2006, 4:04 pm
lordgel

Hi Binh,
I found the problem. Issue is with the new AMV convert tool (MP3 Player Utilities 4.00). I've tried using MP3 Player Utilities 3.68 and converted file played well with my player.

This issue is related to the post:
http://www.mympxplayer.com/viewtopic.php?t=265

Thanks again and more power to your site Binh

Sponsored Links