myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Video related

need some assistance with frame rate please
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 10:13 pm

Default need some assistance with frame rate please

It seems that there are several topics concerning this certain model, a generic model that is common in the eBay market. I just recently got mine, and although it isn't anything too fancy, it's a very good player. I have aviconverter version 4.0, and it works great. The only issue I am having is the frame rate, 20 is feels strange to watch because I am used to watching 23-30 fps. Is there anyway I can modify the framerate? The video quality and sound quality is amazing though, it's just the frame rate I'm not satisfied with.
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 11:13 pm
Valued Member

its the limitation we have to live with im afrais, it is possible to go higher, i use 24fps on my daughters player and all workd fine but other players it does not

you ould use vidrop and see if you could push it higher, but no gaurentee
usually you will find the problem is audio sync if fps is too high
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 11:27 pm

Thanks for the advice, but I have used several AVI converters. I don't quite understand, I have to use the avi files converted by the aviconverter, any other avi files don't work.
Old 4th Jul 2008, 1:20 am
I love my MPx player

Download and try viDrop 0.55 from Downloads/Tools, run viDrop 0.55 and use the "Check for update"-Button to download the newest version 0.56.1. After downloading and installing this version, choose the "Generic Rockchip 320x240 high" preset. Set the framerate to 24 fps, the soundbitrate to 128kbps or lower and add as an "Extra Parameter" for "mencoder:" the following line:

-speed 0.96 -vf-add expand=320:240:-1:-1:1

These values are tested with a variety of Rockchipplayers with RK2608A-chip, but its not guaranteed that sound and picture stay in sync for a long running time...
Old 4th Jul 2008, 6:45 am

You're right, synchronization is messed up. I'll just keep messing around with vidrop to get the optimal settings. Thanks for the advice lca77.
Old 4th Jul 2008, 10:19 pm

For some reason, it can only play videos on even numbered frame rates, anyone have any idea why?
Old 5th Jul 2008, 8:51 am
Keen on MPx players

You will find that the conversion process will result in frames skipped, some movies are worse than others, its pot luck half the time.

Thats what I have found anyway, films ripped directly from DVD I find are much better but a lot of players need additional converting which results in the frame skipping.
Sponsored Links
Old 5th Jul 2008, 9:04 am
Keen on MPx players

Also I find that I can have lip syncing problems when converted by 1 converter and then convert the same film from the same source on another converter and the lip sync can be ok.
Im using vidrop, avi converter v1 and avi converter version 4.

Theres no rhyme or reason as to which one will perform the best on any given film, one day vidrop is best and another avi converter 4.
Old 9th Jul 2008, 8:49 am

I think it is not only the problem of your setting but also the DVD quality.

Sponsored Links