myMPX
Advertisement

Go Back MyMPx.org > MyMPx.org Forum > Video related

[solved] Rockchip mp4 - "file format error" on AVI video files
Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th Oct 2009, 8:04 pm

Default [solved] Rockchip mp4 - "file format error" on AVI video files

ok im not sure what to do with these players but here are the details. i have a mp4 touch screen it has about 9 icons on the menu everything works fine but the videos wont play the format is avi im sure of it and get this these files will play on my xbox 360 but not on the player itself but it came with sample videos that worked but i deleted everything that was in the video file im not sure if i deleted some important software but all i know is that there is nothing left in the video file im not sure what to do im not very good at these kinda things but if anyone is willing to take me through a step by step support on how to do this it would be great

ok i dont know much about codec i know how to convert videos but ill need help on what to set the frames and what not. i use AVC if theres a better converter then please inform me of one.

The player looks just like this one: 100% 4GB TFT FM Touch Screen MP3 MP4 Video PLAYER - eBay (item 170397643543 end time Oct-24-09 22:22:25 PDT)
Old 25th Oct 2009, 8:34 am
Valued Member

Convert your videos using viDrop with 320x240 Rockchip setting.
viDrop is free here:-
http://mympxplayer.org/tool-vidrop-0...-am-df982.html

Just convert your videos though it using the "Generic Rockchip 320x240" preset setting.

Last edited by knob; 25th Oct 2009 at 8:37 am.
Old 27th Oct 2009, 11:20 pm

ok ill try this ad even if it doesnt work thanks for your advise
Old 28th Oct 2009, 12:51 am
Administrator
Admin

haruya,

This should work on your player, please post your feedback and let us know.
I have the same player and it's just a matter of gettin the correct height x width screen resolution for the videos and it should play.

Win: A 4GB 2.6" TFT Touch MP4 Player from Tinydeal! Go --> here

5% Discount Coupon from Tinydeal here.

Old 28th Oct 2009, 11:15 am
Valued Member

haruya,

Don't click on the ad, use the download button Click the image to open in full size.
Old 31st Oct 2009, 11:00 pm

THANK YOU OMG i been trying to do this or about 2 years it works perfectly
Old 5th Dec 2009, 6:51 am

Thank you very much all of you,

I suspect I might be a lot older than the rest of you. I've been trying to fix this mp3 player I got off ebay for Christmas for my 12yo grand-daughter and after a week was thinking I'd wasted my money on it (it's a 16gb rizone for $60 off ebay) as I couldn't get a movie to play. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge and expertise so generously - you are very kind.

I ran the h2test.ext file that many of you have mentioned (it took me a while to find it though) and according to this software it seems I was lucky enough to get a real 16gb machine however I still couldn't get this to play any of the videos I tried to put on there.

Then I was fortunate enough to come across a very kind gentleman on this site called Lokster and I followed his instuctions and downloaded a program called vidrop and followed the instructions and was able to get Monsters Inc playing for my grand-daughter. I'm so very happy that I can give her such a treat for christmas and wanted to thank you all for your suggsestions - I cannot express my gratitude sufficiently you have all helped me out so much.

Thank you all,
Grandma Deb
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links